1. Official MINIX forum

004 FIRMWARE - updated

Discussion in 'NEO X8-H PLUS 004 firmware via MINIX FOTA' started by danlat1415, Apr 4, 2015.

1. danlat1415

danlat1415 Active Member

Hi Minix,
    Ive updated to the 004 Firmware FOTA (2015.04.02)

I saw that one of the listed improvements was the Gigabit Ethernet.
    Unfortunately, it seems to have made the Ethernet worse, not better.

In 003 firmware, I could transfer a 4gb file in about 5 minutes. Its now considerably slower at about 20-22 minutes.
    The transfer speed has dropped right down.
    I haven't changed any apps or doing anything different, only running the new firmware.

The video 'stuttering' seems to have gone thanks to the improvements you've done with the auto framerate switching updates over 003 to 004.
  2. MINIX - Ken

MINIX - Ken MINIX Team Member Administrator

for Ethernet speed, we shall observe comments from other users here before making any conclusions. Our tests were faster before we decided to release it.

video quality should be better as described.

thanks.
  3. danlat1415

danlat1415 Active Member

I am transferring files using ES file explorer, in case you want to test it yourselves.

Buffering issues when streaming seemed to be fixed or a lot better.
    Just the file transfer speed has dropped a lot.
  4. nickgeo22

nickgeo22 New Member

hello are you going to release 004 for clean install
  5. handroid

handroid New Member

Huh 004 2015.04.02 Firmware? Where is it? Was it pulled?
  6. Omaha

Omaha Member

Check System update apk
  7. handroid

handroid New Member

Thanks. Stupid, I didn't look there yet I was searching for a forum thread with the change log. 004 is not listed in the official firmware releases.
  8. costaud

costaud Member

Hello,
    Installed 004 firmware ;)
    Tested transfer from NAS and Minix internal SD card = ~18Mo/s , from NAS to usb connected key 29 Mo/s ;)
  9. deloza

deloza New Member

Where is change log?
  10. DJMX

DJMX Member

updating mine now !!! various app compatibilities it says fixed.... which apps in particular ? and also what is Vidon XBMC ??? is an addon?
  11. Omaha

Omaha Member

An XMBC version with audio HD passthrough and Blu-ray Menu Navigation (more detalis here http://www.vidon.me/vidon_xbmc.htm)... but we need a Vidon XMBC Pro version or maybe a future Minix XMBC version will suport audio HD ( Vidon "trick") Or ... we have in 004 a "Vidon XMBC" now ? I have to chech with an audio HD file.
    Hope Minix Ken start a thread (or write here) with more explanation about 004 update.
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2015
  12. MINIX - Ken

my 100 line hits 92 easily´╝č[​IMG]
  13. MINIX - Ken

do a factory reset if you think it's unstable, we have been testing it for days before releasing it.
  14. MINIX - Ken

in the FOTA panel.
  15. Omaha

Omaha Member

Ok, but I have 1000Mbps line ( and Plus have a GbE port !) and 92Mbps was very easy to hit with X8-H (sold and buy X8-H Plus for GbE port and Wifi ac) ...
    I will proceed today with a hard reset hope this will resolve some of my problems.

Any comments about Vidon XMBC Pro (audio HD, BD navigation menu) ?
  16. MINIX - Ken

yes. uploading the image now, will create a new section about this firmware.
  17. MINIX - Ken

yes vidon XBMC is supported.
  18. MINIX - Ken

will do, just calm yourself down.
  19. DJMX

DJMX Member

everything looks fine here, and maybe a bit faster moving around and loading apps as well.

speed test . net seems same or slightly faster too Screenshot_2015-04-04-14-15-53.png

ignore the earlier tests a few days ago that was across some badddd vpn !!!

just 1 thing i had 1 icon from my desktop that disappeared and appeared the ? but i cant remember what it was so it cant have been so important anyway... maybe i will remember when i cant find something i had
  20. Omaha

Omaha Member

Sorry, but don't see the relevance to test GbE port and Wifi ac speeds with 100Mbps connection

I logout now ( and I do a hard reset on my Minix Plus) ...