1. MINIX team will be having Chinese Lunar New Year holidays from 23/01 to 05/02, replies will be limited during this period, please kindly note.

Beta Release 006 beta firmware

Discussion in 'Beta Firmwares' started by MINIX - Ken, Feb 26, 2016.

1. xeox

xeox Member

The dismiss all button is missing in the android minix version for some reason :-/
    Is really annoying to dismiss one by one with the air mouse.
  2. Sanjin

Sanjin New Member

Please instal Chrome Cast receiver in the new firmware.

PS. Super ecran go app is working now with beta fw006. Thanks
  3. MINIX - Ken

MINIX - Ken MINIX Team Member Administrator

Cast receiver is Chromecast/Android TV feature,
    we can't integrate it. Sorry.
  4. MINIX - Ken

1.) The app doesn't work on Android 5.1 devices like Nexus 5, Samsung Galaxy S6, as we can see on the feedback from users on Play Store, U1 is based on 5.1 too, so I think the developer has to fix it. (P.S. Their last update was 10 months ago...)
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=sk.wayout.amtpro&hl=en

2.) This is a good suggestion, let us try adding it.
    You can also kill all apps by using the All Tasks Killer in our UI.

3.) This is how Android 5.1 looks, the app records are there, even after reboot,
    it doesn't mean they are active.

4.) We don't see the same problem.

5.) We don't see the same problem, please check your U1's resolution settings & TV scaling option.

6.) That is not up to our choice...

7.) Hide/show status bar by long pressing menu button?
    Also, apps could tell the system to hide the bar.
    It's more the job of an app than ours, all an app has to do is to add a few lines of script.
    http://developer.android.com/training/system-ui/status.html
  5. Zdenda85

Zdenda85 Member

1.) You're absolutely right problem in app.
    2.) I already solved it through Xposed GravityBox ( LP ) Where I set turned off the search bar + I added bulk shutting off the application of desolation and work great.
    3.) I was not aware of it works like this. Thanks for explaining.
    4.) Problem do not typing a Youtube apk. I tried other videos through opera where I set Deskop a world of wonders. Full HD 1080p60FPS work incredibly cool.
    5.) Problem is, although the TV, but previous Minix device with this one not have a problem.If there was someone adds a number Aspect Ratio option would welcome I did.
    6.) Select an Application Launcher tablet, the latest version of the firmware, and there I had everything middle. I tried the app: Better Open With and there's also beneficial. As it should be.
    7.) Firmware boo leaves works but not at 100 percent. Until I installed the application: GMD Auto Hide Soft Keys PRO where it could be set up and then my application to work and video on full screen.

Everything can be solved in some way. He solved it with rootnutim + install apk par. For now I have no problem with mowing and restarts as few other people They describe well. For me it Minix U1excellent facilities and I really like about me, the works Power on IR.
    Does not mow no video and everything is playing very fluently. Sometimes I even read that someone is not recommended to purchase your equipment, but I have a different opinion. I already see the movie over 20+ and have no problem. Looking forward to next firmware version, because it is a device skvele care. Also excellent temperature device that skips 50 degrees. Thank you very much for that's great packet of makes us happy :)
  6. newbie99

newbie99 Moderator Moderator

Xposed means you have rooted your device… you have to know we wouldn’t give support to/at rooted devices!
  7. Zdenda85

Zdenda85 Member

I see no reason to learn what should know ROOT device? Without root Android would not be Android, and things did not go quite to modify its image. For now, the beta 006 work great. These errors there are, even without root.
  8. givecredit

givecredit Member Beta Tester

Ken, any progress with the HDMI spoofing on the SkyGo/SkySports/Sky NowTV apps?
    Anthony Kelly likes this.
  9. MINIX - Ken

Can we login now?
    I thought the account has been locked...
    As I said before, it's not an easy task...
  10. givecredit

11. MINIX - Ken

12. givecredit

You can use on two machine the now TV login. Yes for HDMI spoofing.
  13. xeox

xeox Member

Don't know if this os the right place to ask.

Please update preinstaled apps to latest version in final firmware 6, I know for sure that YouTube TV as a new version.

sent from my Phone via Tapatalk
  14. MINIX - Ken

Yes but we checked that version has a bug, so we are not going to preload with that "new version".
  15. dasystem85

dasystem85 New Member

I am waiting for the rgb error. When will be the new firmware beta Release? ?
  16. MINIX - Ken

17. Zdenda85

Zdenda85 Member

I have a question basic web player who is in charge AMPlayer apparently contains small mistake and move the leaves to the left. Where, although after a while but then disappears again show and there all the time. This is also serviced? I can easily send a simple application which begins on video demonstrations, and where the error is apparent. Record will screen here. Thanks

//Edit FW 006RC : Bug There is still present .- (

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 2, 2016
  18. MINIX - Ken

Do you get the same result playing YouTube with a web browser as a cross reference?
    I think it's just the DPI doesn't fit.

Looks like a smaller UI on a bigger screen...
  19. Zdenda85

Zdenda85 Member

Could you please look at this application.
    Earlier I stim on older Minix not have a problem and after some time the scroll bar
    she hid. Although there hide, but for the moment it comes out and there throughout playback. If it could be solved in some way. Thanks

Probleme Apk :
    http://tvdroid2.unas.cz/MINIX/CityMovie.CZ.apk
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 3, 2016
  20. givecredit

Installed 006 release candidate. Looks great. All my usual apps are working fine, except SkyGo(i think) and Nowtv. I didnt get to test skygo, because after I installed firmware, sky thinks its a different device. Even though I had previously registered the device with beta 006, Sky now wants me to register new device now that its 006 rc. Any reason why its registering as different device. Anyway I did'nt register it because I tried NOWTV and this failed the HDMI test. (NowTV also thinks its a different device)

Attached Files: