1. MINIX team will be having Chinese Lunar New Year holidays from 23/01 to 05/02, replies will be limited during this period, please kindly note.

Beta Release 010 beta firmware

Discussion in 'Beta Firmwares' started by MINIX - Ken, Sep 29, 2016.

1. Michel Sup

Michel Sup New Member

Yes I do use 010 and no difference in behavior between video and OSD layer. No shortcuts created for "Movies" and "Series". I tried most of the past releases of "XBMC for Minix" without luck. I believe it is related to Kodi itself and has nothing to do with the firmware and honestly I can live without it. I'm still very impressed by the quality of your hardware/software and the dedication you put on fixing and improving it continuously. Congrats and thank you!
  2. DeareN01

DeareN01 New Member

Youtube app is broken (only sound), tv version works but now I have also problem with chrome youtube version cause I unistalled youtube app and chrome version (browser page) of youtube shows black screen as well.

Any way to fix that?

*I somehow managed to break built in chrome support for videos, I updated but I get the same screen as youtube app (only sound), any way to fix that also?

*edit 2: I use dolphin for videos for now (seems to work fine), waiting for a chrome solution...
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2016
  3. MINIX - Ken

MINIX - Ken MINIX Team Member Administrator

Can we fix it? I don't think so. :ROFLMAO:
  4. MINIX - Ken

Use OSD layer to output video will fix the problems you mentioned.
    This beta is to test video layer to output video and what you reported are known issues using video layer.
    Official release will be using OSD layer as default video output, same as all previous firmware.
    Please note.
  5. Smartie36

Smartie36 Active Member

Regarding the YouTube app not working when using video layer, just use the youtube addon in xbmc, problem solved.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
  6. MINIX - Ken

Actually we debugged the problem and the cause is because these browser/app don't send the length/width data to the system so it doesn't know where to display the video. :ROFLMAO:o_O
  7. skynet

skynet Active Member

Hi Ken
    Another question about it.
    Is the noise reduction totally disabled into the firmware ? I mean for HD video too ?

I watched a HD movie (1080p, H265) yesterday and found the same smoky effect in some dark scenes.
  8. falosi

falosi New Member

As mentioned before, trouble with youtube playback:

- youtube android tv: stutter playback in 720p60 and 1080p60
    - youtube: no image, just sound

Changing video output to OSD, works well
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2016
  9. MINIX - Ken

OFF for all.
    skynet likes this.
  10. MINIX - Ken

Already explained before, they are expected to behave like that when using video layer to output since they don't provide length/width info to the system,
    it doesn't know where and what to display about the video.
  11. TT3

TT3 Member

12. rroscar2410

rroscar2410 New Member

Hello Ken,
    the new firmware can you put the button for close all recently opened apps?
    David_Cole likes this.
  13. TT3

TT3 Member

14. newbie99

newbie99 Moderator Moderator

15. 9800pro

9800pro Active Member

Ken, is there any way to disable volume buttons changing system volume in xbmc?
    I tried with key remap but it doesnt work. I dont use system volume but would like to change those button functions.

Sent from my LG G2
  16. Smartie36

Smartie36 Active Member

If that is messed with in the firmware I hope it's optional as I do use the volume keys on my keyboard to adjust system volume which in turn adjusts the volume in xbmc/kodi/spmc, I certainly wouldn't want that disabled.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
  17. czchip

czchip New Member

18. Villa

Villa Trusted Helper Super Moderator

+1 what?
  19. egx11

egx11 New Member

can i flash this firmware with recovery>ext? thanks in advance

Inviato dal mio SM-T700 utilizzando Tapatalk
  20. newbie99

newbie99 Moderator Moderator