1. Official MINIX forum -Forum was offline for maintainance during last weekend and is back online now.

12V Charger

Discussion in 'NGC-1' started by BKR, Nov 22, 2016.

1. BKR

BKR New Member

Hi,

I was wondering as it is 12V, is it possible to get a power cable that can supply from a 12V socket? If so, does anyone have any suggestions?

Cheers,
  2. MINIX - Ken

MINIX - Ken MINIX Team Member Administrator

Theorectically, yes.
  3. MINIX - Ken

amazon.com/BiXPower-Cigarette-Socket-Connector-Adapter/dp/B007SP4KV0/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1479872428&sr=8-2&keywords=car+12v+to+2.5mm

Cautions: This adapter cable is just a connector adapter, it does not have any electronic circuits inside to control electronic voltage/current/polarity. It only provides physical size and shape conversion. Please make sure the power source output is set correctly for your device.
  4. MINIX - Ken

amazon.com/BiXPower-Cigarette-Female-Connector-Adapter/dp/B00QXHMMBY/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1479872964&sr=8-5&keywords=car+12v+to+2.5mm

Another one with an extra 5V USB charging port.
  5. BKR

BKR New Member

That's brilliant Ken. Thank you for your help
  6. MINIX - Ken

Beware of the polarity.
    Our adapter: +ve inside , -ve outside.
  7. bkgarrison

bkgarrison New Member

I would like to tag on to this question. Is there an allowable input voltage range on the NGC-1? I would like to use this in an RV application, but the voltage will range from 11V to 15V depending on battery and charge state. Most DC devices can handle some swing.