1. We are having national holidays from 1/10 to 8/10, please note.

Beta Release 4.4 firmware for X7 mini

Discussion in 'Beta Firmwares' started by MINIX - John, Aug 7, 2014.

1. Obi-Wahn

Obi-Wahn Member Beta Tester

One other minor bug: the icons for standby and reboot are too small.
  2. Obi-Wahn

Anything new? The firmware is quiet stable only few random reboots (one in three days now). i would like to test a newer version.
  3. Obi-Wahn

the google account has no sync option for the contacts. perhaps a broken version of the contact app?
  4. Nestor

Nestor Member Beta Tester

Hi, when you all saying "no 1080p" does it mean XBMC does not output 1080p or does it mean the box does not output 1080p?

Example: using remote desktop app & connect to a computer with 1920x1080 resolution; or watching Twitch at source quality - will they still output 1080p to the TV?
  5. Nestor

can someone help with where to get the RKFlash Tool and USB driver for this x7 mini please?
  6. Higgs

Higgs Yellow Dude Super Moderator

7. Nestor

thank you mate.
  8. ibn

ibn New Member

Is there a tutorial to go back to 4.2 ?
  9. Obi-Wahn

10. Obi-Wahn

Any news about the new firmware? :)
  11. Are the stil people working on this ? 1080P ?
  12. HardwareGuru

HardwareGuru Developer Administrator

Yes we are working on it. But there will be a one after some bugs are solved.. No eta at the moment
  13. Obi-Wahn

14. genem

genem Active Member

After installing the minix started up, no problems. After i had setup a few things, i relocated the system, so power off. Now, when i try to start it up again, iTS asking for an password. Tried to startup a few times now, but the question keeps popping up. Whats wrong, didnt install anything Thats not in thuis image.
  15. Nestor

Sorry I'm confused a little bit.

I've been reading posts by HardwareGuru saying they're releasing the KK firmware, and there is this official thread also about 4.4 firmware.

Are they referring to the same thing? Is HardwareGuru = Minix and vice versa? Is it right that what HardwareGuru is talking about will eventually become an official firmware from Minix?
  16. HardwareGuru

I am not minix but cooperating with them on the firmware devellopment.. So our firmware is in fact a custom build but with the help and input of minix.. It might be signed official lateron but not sure yet. The reason minix is not releasing there own build is that we share information and it will end up as identical firmwares.
  17. Nestor

Thank you for your explanation. So from what you say, this thread about this beta 4.4 firmware is actually the same thing as you mentioned here right?
    NEO X7 mini 011 firmware (June 2014)
  18. HardwareGuru

X7mini kitkat will be released soon ( Comunity edition ), hopefully next week.
    MOption likes this.
  19. If you are looking for early beta testers :)
  20. GLELAN

GLELAN Member