1. Registration issues have now been resolved. New accounts are able to be created

Beta Release 4.4 firmware for X7 mini

Discussion in 'Beta Firmwares' started by MINIX - John, Aug 7, 2014.

1. MOption

MOption Member

Hi Glelan,

If you want to root it, it's just need Moborobo installed and opened (to detect minix), and Kingo Root to root it, just pressing one button.

Best regards
  2. GLELAN

GLELAN Member

Thanks,
    Someone has already test the Root of Minix Neo X4 Kitkat with this tool?
  3. gufone

gufone Big Owl - Developer Super Moderator

There will be the same root/unroot updates for x7mini,x7,x5,... The reason that these firmwares are not pre rooted is for security reasons and because the majority of people don't need it and don't want it as many tv app don't works on rooted devices (drm checks)
    garolfe likes this.
  4. genem

genem Active Member

Still no solution, the excact question when powerup: put in password to decrypt storage
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2014
  5. Higgs

Higgs Yellow Dude Super Moderator

Have you tried to boot into recovery and factory reset? Or reflash the firmware?
  6. HardwareGuru

HardwareGuru Developer Administrator

ok guys just a heads up..
    We are still fixing some bugs on the X7 firmware.. when those are solved the x7mini edition will also be released.
    Aldus and KAR like this.
  7. Aldus

Aldus New Member

Very very very gooooooods news!!!!! and thanks again for your hard work, as with each update I almost find out a new device, because of the improvements! hahahha

Waiting as much as needed....but waiting! jejejjajjaja
  8. MOption

MOption Member

I have the same issue, so let's wait for the future ROM,some patience that's all
  9. genem

genem Active Member

I can wait, the minix 7 mini is one of the 3 systems (also minix) i have. So IM not desperate. Got enough spares to be busy with the hobby.
    Aldus likes this.
  10. Nestor

Nestor Member Beta Tester

hello friends... haft a month has passed. I hope everything is still on track.
    Christophe86 and Aldus like this.
  11. genem

genem Active Member

IM also still awayting for the new rom. Want to test a few things.

In the mean time i bought a intel2820 nuc to keep up the hobby.
    I must say, that system is working very very smooth, booting up in w8 in aprox 8 sec. Made a dual boot with android 4.4, and testing.
  12. genem

genem Active Member

Think i got Some problems with the system Itself, Flashed a few other images including officials, and everything works wel the first time after flashing. But as soon as i reset the system, power down or pull the powerplug, it keeps hanging on the startupscreen, even the trick pust resetbutton, power up pull the plug ect. Doesnt work then. Flashing is no problem and i can setup anything and it works flawles, but dont power down or whatever simulair then it wont boot anymore.
    Is there a backupbattery inside?
  13. Higgs

Higgs Yellow Dude Super Moderator

Have you a static IP set? Try booting with the ethernet cable unplugged.
  14. genem

genem Active Member

Thx for the reply, but i tried every solution you give, with and without cable, static or free ip, results are always the same. As long as i dont power down, the minix is working perfect. So i think EOL for this system, only good to test images, but i cant rely on working 100% for now.
    Think its still under warenty, never opende it, seal is oke and dated 2013/10, but i bought it from a friend, and he doesnt have the facture anymore. So it Will be a lot of fuzz to get the warenty claim.
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2014
  15. Nestor

well, may be next year then :)

happy holidays
  16. genem

genem Active Member

Have enough hw to play with, nuc, x8-, x7 and the mini, for now its enough to fill the lonely hours when my wife want to see HER tv programs.
  17. Nestor

Hi HardwareGuru,

May we know how's the thing going?
  18. KAR

KAR Developer Super Moderator

We are still working at it, cannot give you an ETA.

KAR
  19. HardwareGuru

HardwareGuru Developer Administrator

Please let us know who want to test the firmware before release. We only accept active forum members for the test crew. Please let us know
    Obi-Wahn, Nepoznati Netko and KAR like this.
  20. Nestor

Well, I'm a new member but I have been waiting so long for this firmware.

Let me know if you need me. I only have this x7 mini though.