1. Welcome to the official forum for MINIX devices!

5.1.1 update ?

Discussion in 'Official Firmware Releases' started by powoky, Jun 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. powoky

powoky New Member

You said you will do an update for the "neo x8h more" to 5.1.1 once stable. yet you have already released version 5.1.1 for the NEO U1. When do you get the version for the "X8H more"?
  2. Rui Oliveira

Rui Oliveira Active Member

Hi just a quick reminder. X8 H is different from X8 H plus. It has been said that lollipop is in new devices like U1 and will not have in X8 H or X8 H plus.
  3. HereIsTom

HereIsTom Member

Why would lollipop not work on a X8-H Plus?
  4. vel tins

vel tins Member

It does work without any problems...
  5. midnight

midnight Moderator Moderator

Who said this ??
    Dr Goodvibes likes this.
  6. rmulraine

rmulraine New Member

I really would like to get lollipop on my x8h plus cause the kodi 17 only works on lollipop and higher.
  7. Dr Goodvibes

Dr Goodvibes The Doctor

What feature in Kodi 17 are you most looking forward to?????

Sent from a Minix NEO X8-H Plus
  8. vel tins

vel tins Member

For h.265 support in Kodi, you need Lollipop.
  9. rmulraine

rmulraine New Member

Well the kodi 17 will have more features and I want to use the new estuary skin that can't work on the kodi 16, and most likely I want the lollipop features on my Minix neo x8h plus.
  10. Frederick_99

Frederick_99 Well-Known Member Trusted Helper

i cant comment on Kodi but you don't need Lollipop for SPMC being able to play h265 8 bit files on x8h+
    sangaz, midnight and adi_tca like this.
  11. rmulraine

rmulraine New Member

I know about that but I just wanna know if 5.1.1 is gonna be available anytime soon for the Minix neo x8h plus if it is I would be very grateful.
  12. midnight

midnight Moderator Moderator

I think this is the case with most, maybe not you.... Don't really really need at this point but just want the latest .:)
  13. KSted

KSted New Member

How would you get Lollipop on the X8H plus? I like to keep all of my software on the same version. My phone has updated, my tablet has updated, not my minix.
  14. MINIX - Ken

MINIX - Ken Former MINIX Team Member Administrator

Dear all,

We shall release a Lollipop based firmware for X8H-PLUS in March or April,
    based on the last SDK released by Amlogic (May 2015).

This is not within our original plan because of the lack of support from chipset vendor,
    but we understand lots of you want it and therefore we shall just make one.

Kodi 17 will work but will not be fully functional.

Please note.

15. mundano

mundano Member

What kind of functionality is expected to be lost on Kodi 17, on the promised Lollipop update?
  16. Villa

Villa Administrator Administrator

17. Frederick_99

Frederick_99 Well-Known Member Trusted Helper

I would hope that the minix team may find a way to circumvent the audio passthrough issue on a lollipop version for x8hplus and kodi 17.

I suspect prime use of minix is for kodi and that a significant number of users utilise their surround sound systems ...this is like good news / bad news :(
  18. mundano

mundano Member

I don't need the more advanced 7.1HD passthrough capabilities since my surround system doesn't support those formats, but losing DTS and DD 5.1 passthrough is a deal breaker to me.

Seems that I have to convince myself that my beloved Minix box has reached the end of the line... It's time to search for an upgrade..
  19. HereIsTom

HereIsTom Member

That is why I bought a box with Android 7 and Kodi 17 (y)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.