1. Welcome to the official forum for MINIX devices!
    Dismiss Notice

A bit confused, can anyone help?

Discussion in 'Official Firmware Releases' started by Roneng, Apr 1, 2015.

1. Roneng

Roneng New Member

Hi I was trying to go through all the updates etc. I followed instructions from http://www.minixforum.com/threads/official-002a-firmware.2413/

1) I did the step GET READY A "FAT32" FORMATTED USB DRIVE
    2) I downloaded the "Option 1 ( Factory reset/Wipe-data )" to the root of the USB stick
    3) Put the USB stick in the MediaBox, selected the file as advised then updated. It all seems to have gone fine - all contents that was previously on the MediaBox is removed.

However, the build number remains the same as before the update (i.e. KOT49H.20141122 release-keys".

Also, I cannot figure out how to do the update to FW3... Certainly I must be missing somethis, though no idea what.

Can anyone give me a pointer/link to what I need to do?

Kind regards,
    Roneng

Last edited: Apr 1, 2015
  2. Higgs

Higgs Yellow Dude Super Moderator

Did you have two files on your usb stick (.aml file and .zip file)? (Make sure there are no other files/folders on it)
    Try flashing again following the same instructions. The build number should change if successful to ...20141213 (if I remember correctly).

3. Roneng

Roneng New Member

Hi Higgs,

Thank you for your kind advice. There's nothing else on the memory stick, though to make 2xSure I did a fresh format of it and re-downloaded the files, the update.zi
    MD5 checks out ok for the downloaded file. I also used Option 1 ( Factory reset/Wipe-data to have a clean installation and automatically installing the latest MINIX XBMC app.

I then redid the entire recipe - same result, version stays the same i.e. KOT49H.20141122 release-keys.

I can't figure out what I am missing...

Kind regards,
    -Roneng

4. Higgs

Higgs Yellow Dude Super Moderator

Option1: try a factory reset

Option2: try another usb key and reflash
    Option3: try flashing using the usb burning tool (bottom of post)