1. Welcome to the official forum for MINIX devices!

Tutorial A simple hack to enable all available Wi-Fi channels

Discussion in 'NEO Z83-4 Guides & FAQs' started by MINIX - Ken, Sep 28, 2016.

1. MINIX - Ken

MINIX - Ken Former MINIX Team Member Administrator

Dear all Z83-4 users,

By default, Broadcom has hidden some of the available Wi-Fi channels,
    by replacing the nvram file attached in this thread, it will unlock them and make them all available for use.

To do so, download the attached 4356r6nvram,txt file,
    then put it to C:\Windows\System32\drivers

Replace the file in the destination, restart the system, done.

This will enable:
    2.4GHz channels: 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10/11/12/13
    5GHz channels: 36/40/44/48/52/56/60/64/100/104/108/112/116/120/124/128/132/136/140/144/149/153/157/161/165

Attached Files:

2. huy

huy New Member

Dear Ken
    Can you provide Broadcom Wifi Driver on Z83-4 for Windows 8.1 x64, please?
  3. tunay

tunay Member

Do we have this little Workaround even if we have newest bios? I mean is it not fixed in bios?
  4. tunay

tunay Member

we dont need to paste the file from ken` to C:\Windows\System32\drivers?

dryster do you own a z84-3?
  5. Villa

Villa Administrator Administrator

It appears that you think a BIOS fixes everything! o_O
    It is a driver thing nothing to do with BIOS!
  6. tunay

tunay Member

Okey please explain me. If i dont paste the file into that folder . I cant use 5ghz? Is that right?
  7. MINIX - Ken

MINIX - Ken Former MINIX Team Member Administrator

Yes but less channels!
  8. spartanshalo

spartanshalo New Member

I recently wiped my system as well. Every driver seems to have installed correctly except for the wireless broadcom driver. It wont install. I copied the nvram text file into windows system 32 drivers and restarted but it still wont install. I have been and continue to search the forum for how to install this driver but everything keeps pointing to this file being manually inserted....which i double checked, did do. Any help? Thanks.
  9. spartanshalo

spartanshalo New Member

So I found out the problem. I read that you simply point device manager in the right direction to update and install the drivers. The wifi driver however kept failing even after moving the nvram text file. Turns out windows is stupid. It installed all the drivers fine, but the wireless driver is 1 too many files deep and cant read it. Pointing it to that last file fixed it. It always seems that when I finally give up and post for help..I find the fix minutes to hours later....lol
    SteveMurphy and Villa like this.
  10. cel

cel New Member

Can you please explain what you mean by the last file? What file specifically did you update? I am having the same problem as well.
  11. spartanshalo

spartanshalo New Member

When you open device manager and point it at the files, it finds them and installs them. The Wi-Fi driver requires that you navigate directly to the driver. It will not search the folder more than 1 file deep. I forget offhand the exact folder names but he is an example.
    Main drivers://main folder/drivers

Wi-Fi driver: //main folder/drivers/Wi-Fi specific driver

It seems device manager won't read more than the 1 level of folders deep. So you point it at the driver directly. The nvram text file also must be moved as stated. After this is all done restart computer.
  12. Eugen123

Eugen123 New Member

The simple hack to enable all available Wi-Fi channels do not work

Hi all,
    on Win 10 Pro 1703 the official V1.66 BIOS and MCU firmware upgrade for Z83-4 is installed.
    and driver:
    The file "4345r6nvram.txt" was copied in c:\Windows\System32\drivers\
    after reboot my Wifi on canal 112 was not shown; what can i do now??
    thank's for an answers.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 20, 2017
  13. falaco

falaco New Member

Tested and working. Than you for this simple hack!!
  14. darec

darec New Member

Put the "4345r6nvram.txt" NVRAM document under the folder C:\Windows\System32\drivers

Then restart the computer to take effect.

Folder ze sterownikami kopiowańá do C: