1. Registration issues have now been resolved. New accounts are able to be created

A2 Battery life???

Discussion in 'NEO A2' started by CrazyIvan, Dec 10, 2014.

1. Villa

Villa Trusted Helper Super Moderator

2. Joudroid

Joudroid New Member

I haven't tried none, my A2 haven't arrived yet but I'm aware of the fast battery drain of the A2 so I have been researching and the Eneloop Pro seems to be the perfect match for A2.

I have compared varta vs eneloop and read some reviews and people that used varta have tried eneloop and said that they are the best for high consumption devices like the A2. So I will order the Eneloop Pro and after some tests I will report here ;)
  3. Villa

4. kiwiblogger

kiwiblogger Member

Any updates on a solution for the A2 since the last post?
  5. Villa

A solution to what?
  6. kiwiblogger

kiwiblogger Member

Excessive battery consumption. I had to change mine after 4 days. Turned audio off but still chewing through them quickly
  7. ted007

ted007 New Member

hello,
    i have both A2 lite with my new U1 and a A2 connected to my old X8-H.
    i am not 100% sure but i think that A2 consume battery when the X8-H is just on.
    i did a test having X8-H on for 2 days without do anything and the batteries drain (i have rechargable batteries)
    ...maybe the A2 dongle is searching for the remote all the time when is on...
  8. Villa

As I have mentioned many a time, I use rechargeable batteries in my A2 and have never had any issues! I get a good couple of weeks, maybe more, usage from them even if I leave the device on. :)
  9. Chris Olivera

Chris Olivera New Member

I gotta say my batteries don't die within a few days like some have stated...but I will say that the A2 lite remote is garbage...waste of money...super buggy and overall super cappy design...I'm looking into getting a better controller than this garbage

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk
  10. midnight

midnight Moderator Moderator

I believe this thread is about the A2 and not the A2 Lite as you refereed to. I have both units and think they are both great, not had any issues like what you mention. I have yet to change batteries in my A2 Lite in several months, the A2 depending on usage not so good but not complaining. :)
    Villa likes this.
  11. Chris Olivera

Chris Olivera New Member

True...only issue I have is the air mouse feature...just wish it was more precise and sensitive like the remote to my samsung tv

12. Villa

Have you tried adjusting the Pointer speed?

Screenshot_2016-06-22-20-17-50.png
  13. Chris Olivera

Chris Olivera New Member

Yea I have...it got a little better but still seems like it's buggy and loses calibration every now and then...like if I swipe too fast or not fast enough i'll be pointing all the way to the left and the cursor would be in the middle of the screen

14. Villa

...and I guess you have recalibrated it?!
  15. Chris Olivera

Chris Olivera New Member

Multiple times...

16. Einsiedler

Einsiedler New Member

I got a second hand A2 yesterday on ebay .... now i found this thread about the poor battery life of the A2 ..... so this is true, A2 consuming so much battery that i have to change the batteries every few weeks...?

I read already that some of you are using rechargeable batteries, but at the moment i dont have any rechargeable batteries or device to recharge, and if i buy a device and batteries that would be some extra costs for me i would only have to do because of the excessive battery consumption... :/

I will see when the A2 arrive what i can say myself to this matter... Why i cannot find the A2 on the official Minix products website, i can only find the A3 and A2 lite ..... something wrong with the A2 that it cannot be found there anymore?
  17. mark2

mark2 Active Member

Could it be that Minix have stopped making them, but you can find them on the internet on other sites
  18. krash

krash New Member

Is the remote the transmitter or receiver whne it comes to pairing, perhaps its like my cell phone and is always looking for signal when the U1 box is turned off ?

Perhaps as a suggestion to the Minix dev. team a simple on/off switch would help.