1. Official MINIX forum

A2 Lite cursor/pointer doesn't appear after picking up a remote

Discussion in 'NEO A3, A2 Lite Airmouse' started by avgust, Oct 7, 2016.

1. avgust

avgust New Member

The A2 Lite air-mouse cursor doesn't appear back once you use A2 Lite from "standby" mode. You have to push twice the cursor key in order to see a cursor on a screen, and thus every time you intend to use a mouse. This is very annoying problem of this specific air-mouse.

Who knows how to let the cursor appear after using the A2 Lite remote from standby mode??
  2. Villa

Villa Trusted Helper Super Moderator

You have to press the Activation key to activate the mouse pointer!
    Press again to deactivate. Or press a direction key on the D-Pad.
    Also, it will deactivate after it has not been used for around 20 seconds.
    HardwareGuru likes this.
  3. avgust

avgust New Member

Yes, this is actually what do I do to activate a mouse pointer! Though, what I want is, that a mouse pointer will be activated automatically once you grab remote from a table!!

My previous air mouse Minix Neo M1 always showed a pointer on a screen when I picked it up or even after a little shake. With A2 Light remote I have to press the "air mouse activate button" two/one times after every 20 second (this is very annoying operation comparing to M1 remote controller).

I think Minix must fix the remote controller firmware, so a mouse pointer will be activated automatically after remote controller "waking up".
  4. HardwareGuru

HardwareGuru Developer Administrator

Most people will find the mouse on at all times anoying, as most people use cursor navigation instead of the mouse most of the time.
    This is a good example why we can not make everyone happy ;)
    Villa likes this.
  5. avgust

avgust New Member

What do you mean by cursor navigation instead of mouse?
    In case of the A2 Light remote controller (RC) all buttons works from a first touch (such a pad, volume and other) after RC activation unlike mouse cursor, I don't see and functional conflict but only improvement that a mouse cursor will be activated by default after remote controller activation.

What king of negative affects you anticipate in the above scenario???
  6. Villa

Villa Trusted Helper Super Moderator

The mouse cursor can be very annoying when using Kodi!
    Much simpler to have it deactivated and use cursor navigation.
  7. Higgs

Higgs Yellow Dude Super Moderator

Having the airmouse deactivated also improves battery life.
  8. avgust

avgust New Member

Regarding battery life seems as not affected, since a remote control stay in standby mode all the time its not "touched" (remember that the M1 remote controller had extremely long charging periods, at least in my case).

As for KODI users, yes it could be annoying for one who uses only D-PAD to work with KODI (I didn't think about that because I use air mouse to work with KODI most of time).

One way or another, most of apps have to be operated with air mouse, it would be great if MINIX will release a new firmware with option (switches by key combination or just optional firmware) "by default AIR Mouse activated from a standby" to the end user.