1. Welcome to the official forum for MINIX devices!
    Dismiss Notice

A2 lite with android TV box

Discussion in 'NEO A2 Lite' started by Owlly, Jan 3, 2018.

1. Owlly

Owlly Member

Hi,

I have a U9 with a2 lite remote which works great. I have bought a new android tv box to use in the bedroom and want to use an a2 lite remote as its fab. But before buying another I have tried my existing a2 lite mouse with dongle on new android box. Lots of functions work except for the power on/off.

Is there any way to get this to power on/off to work or should I buy an alternative air mouse by a nother manufacturer?

2. Higgs

Higgs Yellow Dude Super Moderator

The power button is IR so needs a direct view of the front of the box where the IR receiver is.

3. Owlly

Owlly Member

Hi Thanks for your reply, the remote is direct line of site. It might be a mapping issue.

4. Higgs

Higgs Yellow Dude Super Moderator

No the A2 lite should work fine, it's the same ir code as A3. I've used both on the u9-h with no issues.

Edit: I just read your first post again. I thought you were using the A2 lite with the U9, but you are now using it with a different brand of box. In that case then it's an IR code mapping issue. Not sure if there is anything you can do about that.
    Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

5. Owlly

Owlly Member

Hi, I am trying to use ai2 lite with different manufacturers android box which is not made by minix.

6. Marty

Marty Moderator Moderator

A2lite, Higgs and pusb87 like this.
  7. Owlly

Owlly Member

Thanks Marty will have a ganda.

8. decosse

decosse New Member

Power on from remote needs to be supported by the U-Boot bootloader on the Android box.
    There is no way you are going to be able to change that to work with the Minix Remote (or any other remote*)
    So you will find you can turn it off (or reboot) but will not be able to restart it from 'off' unless you use the OEM Remote it came with.

* It may potentially be possible with a 'cloning' remote - but I'm not absolutely sure on that one or more correctly which one (if any).
    Regardless, per your original question, certainly not possible with the A2Lite.

Mine runs 7 x 24 and I only turn the TV off!!
    Just shut down the apps and it will be consuming minimal power anyway.

9. Owlly

Owlly Member

Hi Marty, have copied the downloaded remote.conf into system\etc and renamed old remote.conf.
    However, vendor kl file, there is a vendor folder on the non minix android box. Had a look in system \usr\keylayout there are loads of .kl files in there.
    Are you saying copy all .kl files from minix to the non minix adroid box, to the system\usr\keysyout ?

10. Owlly

Owlly Member

Apologies I am being thick it would help if I had read the first part of the link (n)

Marty likes this.
  11. A2lite

A2lite New Member

Hello Marty, am trying to get the On/Off button of the A2 Lite working on my M8S Pro L box.
    I have followed your instructions and pasted both files(remote.conf and .kl files) at the appropriate locations but nothing really changed. All buttons stayed the same but most importantly the IR on/off button doesn't put the box to sleep or wake it up at all.
    Are those files only meant for the H96 Pro? It doesn't look like it so why don't they work on other boxes? Am desperate to make the on/off button work and not have to use 2 remotes for a single box. It's like I wasted 25euros and still have the inconvenience.
    -Best regards

12. Villa

Villa Administrator Administrator

Please stop duplicating this post in a different thread!

http://www.minixforum.com/threads/forum-rules.47/
    • Posting a thread in more than one forum is annoying and thus not allowed. Just post it once in the correct place.

13. Owlly

Owlly Member

Hi, I am having problems with using my minix A2 lite remote with a third party android box. Specifically with Netflix, the DPAD left, tight, up, down does not work within NETFLIX. I have already copied the remonte.conf and relevant .kl to the correct folders on the third party android box.

I’m I doing something wrong or missed something? Thanks for your help.

14. Marty

Marty Moderator Moderator

This maybe a silly question but did you reboot for changes to take effect? Is it just happening in Netflix or is it universal? Sounds like you have done it all right.

15. Owlly

Owlly Member

Hi Marty,

Thanks for your reply, I have rebooted, dpad works fine on the home android screen but it will not working in the netflix home screen. But if I select menu top left to show all the categories it works up and down. If I select a category e.g Action it works fine, up, down, left, right, can select any film using the dpad !!