1. Registration issues have now been resolved. New accounts are able to be created

A2 & Neo U9-H

Discussion in 'NEO A2' started by Geaddict, Aug 1, 2017.

1. Geaddict

Geaddict New Member

Hello everyone,

I am not sure where to report bugs so I figured this place would serve the purpose. I purchased a new Neo U9-H with A3 remote. I also have a U7 and a U8 and an original Minix A2/A3 like remote (first generation with centre Android button that works in Kodi unlike the A2 remote which requires using the key with the enter symbol). This first gen remote worked perfectly in the U7 or U8 but in the U9-H it caused all system sounds to go mute. No system settings were changed and the mute symbol was not up. It simply would not produce sound in either the Android interface or in Kodi. The moment I swapped the new remote in everything worked again.

A reboot didn't solve it, changes didn't solve it, just swapping the remote out did. I could duplicate the issue multiple times and each time I placed the original remote back in the U8 the sound was there.

It seems like the hardware of the first gen remote is not (properly) supported in this build in some way.

Hope it helps someone.

Geaddict
  2. Villa

Villa Well-Known Member Super Moderator

For the A2 you need to change the Audio output to hdmi...

Settings, Audio, Sound Devices, Output devices, hdmi

Screenshot_20170801-111627.png
  3. Villa

Thread title edited.
    Thread moved.
  4. Geaddict

Geaddict New Member

Did that. It made no difference. Issue was only resolved swapping remotes out. I have since picked up a friends A2 lite remote. Works fine with that as well. Issue is incompatibility with original first gen remote which works fine on U7 and U8 still.

U9-H

First gen A2 remote - No sound at all from U9-H
    Setting changes manually to HDMI make no difference
    Rebooting makes no difference

A3 remote - sound works perfectly

A2 lite remote - sound works perfectly

Geaddict
  5. Villa

It has nothing to do with incompatibility!

The A2 has a speaker hence the need to switch to hdmi.
    In the image above you can see clearly the A2 is an option (USB-Audio - SAGE Airmouse).

The A2 Lite and the A3 do not have a speaker hence the sound works perfectly without adjusting any settings.