1. Welcome to the official forum for MINIX devices!

A3 - 2 issues

Discussion in 'NEO A3, A2 Lite Airmouse' started by FifthMeridian, Sep 29, 2017.

1. FifthMeridian

FifthMeridian New Member

1. Calibration of air mouse: pressed Fn and Y, simultaneously, then set remote on a flat surface. Status LED lights, but never flashes 4 times as indicated in the directions.

2. Microphone: when I press mix button, Status LED lights, but never the microphone (musical note icon) LED.

IS MY A3 REMOTE DEFECTIVE?
  2. FifthMeridian

FifthMeridian New Member

Oops! That was "mic button," not "mix button."
  3. Villa

Villa Well-Known Member Super Moderator

Press and hold Fn, then press and hold Y until the Fn LED lights. Release both. Now place it on a flat surface or you can just flip it over and hold it still and level until the LED flashes.
  4. Villa

Do you know you can edit your posts? Just select Edit beneath the post! ;)
    midnight likes this.
  5. FifthMeridian

FifthMeridian New Member

Thank you. This worked. Note to manufacturer to replace their instructions with your much clearer instructions. Thank you.
  6. FifthMeridian

FifthMeridian New Member

Thank you. I did not know about the post editing feature, but I do, now.
  7. FifthMeridian

FifthMeridian New Member

Is there any response to query 2, above, regarding the fact that pressing the mic button only lights the status LED, and never the MIC LED? How can a user k ow if the mic is working? Is it likely my A3 Remote is defective?
  8. FifthMeridian

FifthMeridian New Member

Additional info: when I select Voice Search, a small window flashes on the screen for one second. Within that window are coloured dots (top center) and the text, left justified, "listening."

However, the window does not display longer than a second. Is this related to the fact I cannot get my mic button to cause the mic (musical note) icon to light?

How might I access the voice search settings on the MINIX U1?
  9. FifthMeridian

FifthMeridian New Member

More info. When in Advanced Settimgs, Language & Input, each of Android Keyboard (ASOP) IS on, Remote Controller input method is on, (English). AirDroid is on, Google voice typing is on, automatic, Japanese IME is off, physical keyboard is aml_keypad and SAGE Technology SAGE and mouse are both default

Under Voice, Language is English (US),

Under "Ok Google" detection, from the Google app, say "Ok Google" to start a voice search from the Google app is om.

However, when training the app by saying "Ok Google 3 time" the device listens, but never acknowledges my press if the mic button and my satin this phrase.

There is no indication my mic is working. Not the LED, not by a response to Ok Google training. Thus, it seems my A3 is defective. However, I would hate to return it if the problem is merely a set up issue.

Please advise.
  10. FifthMeridian

FifthMeridian New Member

Okay! Mic and it's LED have been figured out. A user must be in an app that expects voice recording. I used a voice recorder. When a recording was initiated, the mic and it's LED (music note icon) functioned. I cannot make the mic LED work in the absence of an app initiating its use.
  11. Villa

That's exactly how it should work!
    For example, open YouTube, select search, select the mic icon on the screen and the A3 Mic LED will flash. Speak now will appear.