1. Welcome to the official forum for MINIX devices!

Accessing Google Play Store ...

Discussion in 'NEO X5 mini' started by MacManiac, Apr 10, 2017.

1. MacManiac

MacManiac New Member

I went to the Google Play Store for the first time and wanted to download an app. However I cannot see how to move my cursor into the search box with the standard Minix remote control. I'm probably missing something obvious but would appreciate some help.
  2. Higgs

Higgs Yellow Dude Super Moderator

You might need to use a mouse (either wired or wireless).
  3. MacManiac

MacManiac New Member

That's a bit of a pain. I have used an USB mouse to do various things in the past but it now is not recognised by my box. I have tried it in both USB ports, and the light on the mouse is lighting up but no pointer appears on the screen. It definitely used to work but now doesn't (and it works perfectly with my computer). I changed from Kodi 16.1 to SPMC a few months ago and don't know whether this is the problem. In any event thank you for taking the trouble to reply.
  4. Villa

Villa Well-Known Member Super Moderator

Do you not have an airmouse like the MINIX NEO A2 Lite?
  5. MacManiac

MacManiac New Member

Nothing other than my USB mouse (Apple) which used to work just fine with my box. It just seems strange that the supplied remote control cannot access the search box on the Play Store. I wanted to try the STB Emulator for my streaming service but it would appear that it is not meant to be.