1. Welcome to the official forum for MINIX devices!
    Dismiss Notice

AirDroid with Minix U9-H?

Discussion in 'NEO U9-H' started by h00etn, Dec 9, 2017.

1. h00etn

h00etn New Member

Hi,

I have my U9-H connected to the network thru WiFi. The only display I have connected to it is my projector (via HDMI).

Since I would like to "control" the Minix (mirror it) sometimes from my MacBook - so that I don't always have to start the projector in order to update libraries and so on, on the Minix when updating the NAS with new movies and stuff - I was looking for a good "mirroring app". I have found out that the best (?) app is AirDroid.

I have installed AirDroid on both the MacBook and the Minix, but I can't get them to connect with the AirMirror functionality! I need the mirroring functionality to be able to start for example Kodi and update libraries.

I have the Minix in Developer mode and I have USB Debugging enabled - but when trying to connect from the MacBook I still get the message:

Your device is not rooted and you'll need to do a one-time setting to continue:
    1. Enable USB debugging on your Android device,
    2. Connect Android device and computer via USB cable.

I have done that - both with the USB port and with the OTG port. But I can't get them to connect. Reading the message, I get the feeling that I don't need to root the Minix. I also have the impression that I have to do this once (connect them together) before I can just connect them via WiFi later on.

Has anyone tried the same and/or have any idea on how to proceed? If I need to root the Minix, how do I do that? I have tried to root it with OneClickRoot, but it doesn't work.

2. wrxtasy

wrxtasy Well-Known Member

3. h00etn

h00etn New Member

Thanks wrxtasy!

But I have trouble rooting it. I get error. This is what is going on...

I clicked on "Apply update from EXT"
    I clicked on "Update from udisk"
    I chose "Magisk_v14.0.zip"

Then I got:

Finding update package
    Opening update package
    Verifying update package
    E: failed to verify whole-file signature
    E: signature verification failure
    Installation aborted
    E: Cannot load volume /misc

Any ideas?