1. Registration issues have now been resolved. New accounts are able to be created

Android 5.1 Support for NEO X8-H Plus

Discussion in 'NEO X8-H Plus' started by Maneesh, Jan 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrBig

MrBig Active Member

What was mentioned above. Right now The NEO X8 PLUS is a door stop, since MINIX has possibly abandonded it.
    I use many including exodus, specto fork, etc. All streams fail in Exodus, no internet issues, commercial 100mbps up and down. And KODI 17 and all add ons work perfect on same network using windows 10 laptop.
  2. mark2

mark2 Active Member

3. GrahamD

GrahamD New Member

I tried a search in exodus and got 497 streams using kodi 16.1 on my x8h-plus. Then I downloaded xbmc for mini 16.3 and repeated the same search and got exactly the same result. Exodus is unusual as my daughter will phone me from England to ask is exodus down as there are no streams and I run the same search 5 mins later in Spain and get loads of streams.
  4. dryster

dryster Active Member

It's not an exact science, but what I have just found after installing "the mighty" Kodi 17.1 on my NUC, and running the same search for that particular survivor episode 34x05 on exodus is that it yielded the same 4 HD sources and a total of 512 sources, ok, a couple of days have gone by, so I jumped back onto my MINIX NEO X8-H Plus and repeated the same search :

TV Show Survivor, season 34, episode 34x05

XBMC for Minix 16.3 - 5 HD available : 500 Total sources
    FTMC build 25 - 9 HD available : 517 Total sources
    SPMC 16.4.2 - 5 HD available : 500 Total sources

So on that unscientific study, not much difference between any of them, but FTMC does pull more sources in for sure.
  5. GrahamD

GrahamD New Member

That just shows how versatile this x8-h plus is , 500 streams is enough how many times do we need to watch it. I am still happy with my minix and will buy a u9 when this gives up.
    Marty likes this.
  6. dryster

dryster Active Member

I use Kodi for TV catchup, so I can't say how the likes of Exodus performs on illegal content, new movies etc, perhaps that is what all the fuss is about with 17.1 but for us here, the X8-H Plus works fine and gets us what we want, sure it will be nice to upgrade, but no need yet, I'll keep that excitement for another day on the ranch. (I have a generic S905 box on my upstairs TV, perhaps I should see how that performs with 17.1)
  7. GrahamD

GrahamD New Member

Sometimes these generic boxes are good for a short time but with no support can be a false economy. The x8-h plus is the best box I have owned.
  8. dryster

dryster Active Member

Oh I hear you @GrahamD and I'm under no illusion, that's why the S905 is on a games TV, running ROMs and very little else.

I installed Kodi 17.1 and Exodus and did the same search TV Show Survivor, season 34, episode 34x05

11 HD sources, 117 Total Sources.

First HD source worked. 720p

So, as I don't usually go for HD sources, Krypton actually does worse on total sources than SPMC, MINIX-XBMC or FTMC

BUT - the s905 box is upstairs, Wifi and a bit distant from the router, so it could be a time-out thing when it comes to total sources.
  9. Lrddread

Lrddread New Member

Problem is that all sources will eventually not work in kodi 16.1 once all the addons update there code to use python and ssl that is not in 16.1 so you will need kodi 17 or for now even ftmc like others have posted
  10. ictghost

ictghost New Member

I posted this under the "KODI 17.1" thread, but thought I'd post it here to:

I just want to thank everyone that mentioned FTMC! I only check this forum every few weeks and after seeing this I installed FTMC on both of my X8-H Plus boxes. Now, for the first time in a few months, ALL of my add-ons update properly. As long as this keeps working this way (correctly) I'm happy and don't have to think about updating my OS or replacing those boxes. WooHoo!!!
  11. Maneesh

Maneesh New Member

Hi Ken,

Is there any further update on getting Kodi 17 onX8H-PLUS.. We are nearing the end of April
    Ernegeo and SLauder like this.
  12. midnight

midnight Moderator Moderator

But it's not the end !o_O
  13. scubascuba3

scubascuba3 Member

No, but there's no harm in asking, Minix should know when.
  14. Menorca Man

Menorca Man Active Member Trusted Helper

Perhaps the most worrying thing for the vast majority of users of Android KitKat 4.4.x is the inability of Kodi 16.x and Minix-XBMC 16.3 to communicate with websites using the https protocol. This will increasingly become a problem as more and more on-line streaming sources begin to utilize https links.

@MINIX - Ken, if you're reading this, would it be possible to update Minix-XBMC to incorporate similar code to that used by Freaktabs in their https compliant version of FTMC ?? I believe this would satisfy many Minix users without the need to flash a crippled version of Android Lollipop (no audio pass-through) along with a fresh install of Kodi 17.x. It's just a thought. ;)
    gsaronni likes this.
  15. gsaronni

gsaronni New Member

Hello

I am using a Marantz AV receiver connected to my Minix, what problems should I have if loosing the passthrough audio that now I use?
  16. Frederick_99

Frederick_99 Well-Known Member Trusted Helper

simple......why don't you just configure your set up without passthrough to find out ?
  17. midnight

midnight Moderator Moderator

http://www.minixforum.com/threads/bugtracker-for-neo-u1-fw012.15821/page-2#post-127923

Not sure which one will come first !
    Menorca Man likes this.
  18. Menorca Man

Menorca Man Active Member Trusted Helper

sangaz, Dr Goodvibes and midnight like this.
  19. Ernegeo

Ernegeo New Member

^^^

Hi from Argentina, im new here. I wonder the same, my box works great, but an upgragade to lolipop would be welcome ;)
  20. scubascuba3

scubascuba3 Member

I'm not sure why Minix keep such a low profile on their forum
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.