1. MINIX team will be having Chinese Lunar New Year holidays from 23/01 to 05/02, replies will be limited during this period, please kindly note.

Android 5 Lollipop for Minix 8-H

Discussion in 'Firmware Wishlist' started by jacketti, Mar 6, 2015.

1. Aaron Munn

Aaron Munn New Member

If the stupid little Fire Stick can get an upgrade to Lollipop why can Minix X8 (?). I have the X8-Plus and the X8-H. I see no reason to have to replace my two units to get new programs. Maybe Minix should offer a buy back program so people can get item's they will support. It is like having a smart TV that is no longer smart and the TV manufacture says sorry buy a new one.

Minix should save people the headache and remove all the old boxes for sale on there website. Because once they get the older box and find out it is not operational with new programs and can not be upgraded they will be pissed.

I can only see 2 boxes they have as new which looks like a Window 10 for 399 and an Android Lollipop 5.1.1 for 129.90.
    Way to go Minix screw over your customers.

Ya I am pissed. There is no reason the X8 (?) should not see an upgrade when the most stupid unit around is the Amazon Fire Stick and received that upgrade February 2016.
    rom69 and mesutismail like this.
  2. steve91

steve91 New Member

Yeah have to agree - The Minix X-8 was great a year ago but find it has dated now which is why I sold mine and moved to Nvidia Shield.