1. Registration issues have now been resolved. New accounts are able to be created

Android recovery menu when trying to update

Discussion in 'NEO X8-H PLUS 002 firmware' started by Feudmt, Jun 2, 2015.

1. Feudmt

Feudmt New Member

I got my x8-hplus yesterday. Trying to install update from 1122. Followed instruction exactly. Did not check either wipe button. USB formatted fat. both files on usb. Usb plugged into usb port nearest hdmi port. box sees file. I choose file. choose yes. box powers off immediately then on and I'm left with a recovery dos looking thing with various choices - they are
    reboot
    apply update from ADB
    ... from ext
    ... from cache
    wipe data/factory reset
    wipe cache partition

What am I doing wrong here or which option do I choose?
  2. Villa

Villa Trusted Helper Super Moderator

3. Higgs

Higgs Yellow Dude Super Moderator

1 Check that the aml file on your usb is correct (should be a .aml file not a .txt file)
    2 Make sure you have both files on the root of the usb drive and nothing else on it (no other folders or files)
    3 Try a different usb drive

This thread might be helpful - http://www.minixforum.com/threads/everyone-who-had-problems-with-updating.2687/

You can also try selecting the ...from ext option and selecting the update.zip file from udisk.
  4. CAL81

CAL81 New Member

I had exactly this problem today, only way around the problem for me was to install the file from an SDcard. Every time I tried to install from USB it would take me to the recovery screen and fail to boot up. When you have the file on an SDcard do exactly as you described and on the recovery screen select "... From ext" and select your file from the SDcard and it will automatically load and boot up.
  5. Julian

Julian New Member

I had exactly this problem too. I used two different memory sticks, both exactly per the instructions. I don't have a SDcard as an option, and I really do not want to use the other method to update the firmware.

Looking for someone at Minix to provide any additional information as to the requirements of the USB... perhaps there are more parameters needed than just FAT32 in terms of USB sticks that will work.

Also, looking for some instructions on how to perform a MD5 checksum?
  6. HardwareGuru

HardwareGuru Developer Administrator

use a small sized USB stick < 4GB and format it to fat32 filesystem and try again.. it might help
  7. Frederick_99

Frederick_99 Well-Known Member Trusted Helper

this is another option to try if having trouble in formatting the usb drive

1. Download Minitool Partition Wizard from here: http://www.partitionwizard.com/free-partition-manager.html

2. Format the USB stick with Minitool Partition Wizard in FAT32 format - SET TO LOGICAL

3. Rightclick the USB partition in Minitool Partition Wizard, and under Modify, selected Change Partition Type ID

4. Select 0x81 Minix/Linux and click OK

5. Then click Apply on the top left (don't forget this, as Minitool Partition Wizard doesn't apply immediately)