1. Welcome to the official forum for MINIX devices!
    Dismiss Notice

Android TV based on FW008

Discussion in 'NEO U9-H Custom ROMs, Kernels & Discussion' started by Kondor, Jun 3, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Khyllion

Khyllion New Member

Thanks Roberto for this review!
    Obrigado Roberto por essa crítica, adoro os teus vídeos!

Envoyé de mon SM-G965F en utilisant Tapatalk

immi803 likes this.
  2. Dushan

Dushan New Member

thank you

3. robertojorge

robertojorge Active Member

Hey Kondor, that is great to hear. Waiting for that fix to get it working perfectly. Thanks :)

immi803 likes this.
  4. wrxtasy

wrxtasy Well-Known Member

Yes this is a bit tricky - I "massaged" the audio_policy.conf file on @JJ-KwiK 's FW 007 Android TV ROM so it works with my DD+ capable TV and AVR.

There is also a GUI speedup possible too by clocking the GPU to 666 MHz that really makes the U9 Android TV interface snappy.
    MINIX should do that out of the box IMHO because the U9's massive heatsink takes care of all thermal issues.

The Mali-T820 GPU in the U9 easily handles 792MHz if you mod the device tree file. I do this with U9 LibreELEC releases. Works well !

Requesting a full TWRP .zip backup of a "clean" version of this FW008 ATV ROM.
    Makes it a hell of a lot easier to install and also backup users current configurations.

EDIT:

@Kondor you might like to put the following Playready file in:

/system/vendor/lib/drm

and

stat 644 libdrmclientplayreadyplugin.so

DRMInfo then reports Playready is "Supported.
    No idea if an App like Amazon Video then works with paid for protected content, I'm not a Amazon customer.

This NVIDIA Shield extracted Amazon Video .apk gives me DD+ 5.1 Audio and 1080p, at least with the free trailers.:

https://mega.nz/#F!PaJQELqY!dg3wVzOFIybj6an5Yeq7PA

libdrmclientplayreadyplugin.so (click)

Last edited: Jun 12, 2018
    Kondor, kingsizept, sangaz and 2 others like this.
  5. Jeovane Carvalho

Jeovane Carvalho New Member

Good afternoon, it will be that the developer manages to make a rom of the android tv for the minix neo u1, we would be very happy if it could

6. litvcom

litvcom New Member

@Kondor

Can you please add a power button (near the Wi-Fi) like on NVIDIA Shield Android TV?

android-tv-homescreen.jpg

7. Kondor

Kondor Member

No, it is not needed. Minix IR-remote and RF-remote have power key (and many other remotes). Just use it. Nvidia Shield TV BT-remote have no hardware power key (only action on Back button) so it need software power button.

So I have no plan to add it.

immi803 likes this.
  8. Marty

Marty Moderator Moderator

kingsizept and litvcom like this.
  9. litvcom

litvcom New Member

I use the TV remote and when I turn off the TV, TVBox won't turn off.

Thanks, but that's not what I'm looking for. ROM already has an "Power Menu" application...

10. Marty

Marty Moderator Moderator

That is CEC then, adding a power button like on Shield TV does not activate CEC.
    @Kondor does your ROM have CEC in the settings?

Villa likes this.
  11. Kondor

Kondor Member

Sure, it is Minix Neo U9-H FW008 by nature with HDMI CEC support.

kingsizept and Marty like this.
  12. litvcom

litvcom New Member

I know that. With Anynet+ TVBox does not work properly.

13. skynet

skynet Moderator Moderator

So Kondor, is it finaly possible to buid a bootable ISO with this rom ?
    It should be very interesting for many of us to test it in this way instead of erasing the main Minix partition.

14. Kazafog

Kazafog Member

I confirmed root wasn't enabled and also checked a few other versions without success. And it just so happens that my tv is also a samsung (model UA60....) so sounds like robertojorge has identified my issue also, ie that it is tv related. Other than netflix being a PITA everything i have tried works great. thanks again Kondor.

kingsizept likes this.
  15. wrxtasy

Kondor likes this.
  16. Kazafog

Kazafog Member

Cheers wrxtasy.

I have a similar version already, that works. But i get sync issues and crashes all too often. So i was hoping with a newer version it may be more reliable.

On that note, how are people finding the updated netflix apps (>v3. 2.2)? Any issues out there on kondor's ATV?

17. sangaz

sangaz Member

Hi wrxtsy, what the difference with this APK and the playstore Netflix?

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

18. wrxtasy

It's hardcoded for PCM audio output only.

Kondor and sangaz like this.
  19. crea

crea Member

Hmmm...Am I correct to assume that any rogue installed app could edit this and own the device ?
    If it's true, I would certainly prefer a firmware without such backdoor. No offense ;)

20. Kondor

Kondor Member

Sure, but you can't find any rogue app, that was made special for Minix custom firmware :). init.d in user space is outstanding and usable feature. You may use any firmware you like, it is your choice.