1. Welcome to the official forum for MINIX devices!

Android TV on the Minix U9-H

Discussion in 'NEO U9-H Custom ROMs, Kernels & Discussion' started by JJ-KwiK, Jun 22, 2017.

1. JJ-KwiK

JJ-KwiK Active Member

Not only is it possible, I left a copy of the apk inside the ROM in case anyone wanted to try it. Using a file manager that allows you to view system folders, navigate to system/GAssistant and install the apk (should be the name of the folder. I can't remember and I'm not home to check). The apk should install over the current Google app.

I posted the last release in such a rush, I forgot to mention it.
  2. nick babalis

nick babalis New Member

Excuse me for the question.Whats the difference installing Android TV fw007 than having official 007 firmware?thnx in advance.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
  3. Sawbones

Sawbones New Member

Just wanted to say, this is working really well for me, thank you so much for doing this!
    Only thing that would make it better would be a HAD Netflix Android TV App and the YouTube TV Android TV app - I can't find apks for either right now, just the regular android versions...
  4. JJ-KwiK

JJ-KwiK Active Member

Happy to hear that you like it.

Netflix for Android TV works. It's just not available in the play store. Download it from aptoide TV (pre-installed on this ROM). I don't believe there is a YouTube TV for Android TV app released yet, but I could be wrong.

Edit:
    I just read that YouTube TV for Android TV was only released for nougat+ devices.
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2018
    romanrsr likes this.
  5. romanrsr

romanrsr New Member

Hello friends! Anyone try to install the new version of Android TV Home 1.1.11-100-4505063? (Android Oreo)
    I try to replace the new APK in / system / priv-app / LeanbackLauncher, by the original LeanbackLauncher.apk, but when I restart it the old launcher keeps appearing.
  6. JJ-KwiK

JJ-KwiK Active Member

It won't work. It requires Oreo to run. It doesn't work on official ATV devices that don't have Oreo either.
  7. romanrsr

romanrsr New Member

Ouch! Thank you so much! I ask you another question, how can I root the last version you passed? Try the forum method, but when I open the SuperSU it tells me that I have to update the binaries, and when I update them I get an error.
  8. JJ-KwiK

JJ-KwiK Active Member

The latest release is prerooted. There is no need to follow the, "forum method".
  9. JJ-KwiK

JJ-KwiK Active Member