1. Welcome to the official forum for MINIX devices!

Announced Android 5 firmware for X8H Plus delayed or cancelled?

Discussion in 'Official Firmware Releases' started by donatinho, May 9, 2017.

1. midnight

midnight Moderator Moderator

Who is 14
  2. dryster

dryster Active Member

I always think it's a fun part of online stuff when someone starts to attempt to poke a moderator with a stick. :LOL:
  3. dryster

dryster Active Member

Let's see what happened here, originally MINIX said that an Android Lollipop 5.1 update would be available in perhaps March or April, then they said in the middle of May that they're still working on it. That's cool. I hope they will have it ready at the end of May, but perhaps they may need a little more time to get it right, that's fine with me. Now, as I'm almost 14 I will add some emoticons because they make me giggle...:unsure:;)o_O(y)
    dssv likes this.
  4. frutiloopis

frutiloopis Member

Nothings likes yours. If the update available on march or April bad, if announce available middle of may bad. Be patient.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
  5. Grippy Man

Grippy Man Active Member

Here is the proof as the box couldn't allow me to install any build (ares wiz).
    In Minix XBMC, it started stutter (1)
    In SPMC, it started stutter (2)
    In Kodi, it started stutter (3)
    In Mygica Media center started freezing and closed forcefully (4)

6. Jeffers24

Jeffers24 Active Member

Why don't you post your Ares queries where the Ares experts hang out:-
    https://www.facebook.com/areswizard/
  7. Grippy Man

Grippy Man Active Member

I don't necessarily think it is about Ares only. I tried to install other builds without ares wizard and same appeared to happen.
  8. Frederick_99

Frederick_99 Well-Known Member Trusted Helper

come on ....get a grip man.... and absolutely no need to use the title you did for your video as the problem is with you, not the minix
    the video only proves your lack of understanding..

purely out of interest i installed a clean version of MyGiga media centre on my x8-h and installed the ares wizard
    1st...make sure you install the krypton build as you tried to install the wrong one
    looking at your download speed for getting the build its so slow no wonder you have issues...i would take at look at your internet connectivity settings unless you have a really crap ISP bandwidth
    your video doesn't show the download of the build completing and the steps you are then instructed to take , ie force closing kodi

the build and install completed successfully without any problems for me and all works fine....( as far as builds go as i don't recommend using builds at all)

so stop posting your BS on this forum and elsewhere otherwise i am sure you will be banned from here....
    mark2 likes this.
  9. Grippy Man

Grippy Man Active Member

Bandwidth should not be an issue as you've started picking this up here. Fact is, the box failed installation of build. Stutter issue easily becomes visible if I posted another experiment video with Xbmc Minix or Kodi. Don't try to exaggerate what you don't get really!!

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk
  10. Frederick_99

but you don't want to listen or take good advice ..... the box is perfectly capable of running MyGigca kodi and having the Ares Kyrpton build installed.... you are the problem not minix

I am not going to waste any more of my time with you as you show no respect for those trying to help you...which is exactly which i just tried to do for you....
    rom169, mark2 and Higgs like this.
  11. Grippy Man

Grippy Man Active Member

sounds like your box doesn't do stutter but mine do here. Even without trying of a installation any build, I tried to organize a movie database on the box for offline use and that even made the box freezes and forced to reboot sometime. Maybe Minix gave you a solid box that will never be destroyed. I'm solely not trying to undervalue you but fact is you're ignoring the problem. It is again the device is causing this problem. So, I am talking about problem here.
  12. Menorca Man

Menorca Man Active Member Trusted Helper

I agree with @Frederick_99 regarding your download speed. Your video shows that during download of the Ares Build the download speed never exceeded 106 kilo bits per second (0.106 Mega bits per second). That, my friend, is extremely slow!! Using Ookla Speedtest on my standard ADL2+ internet connection, the download speed reported never drops below 5.2 Mega bits per second (5200 kilo bits per second).
  13. Grippy Man

Grippy Man Active Member

What's the matter with bandwidth????

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk
  14. mark2

mark2 Active Member

Why did you try to install Ares build on MyGica Kodi 17 fork
    as i already explained it doesn't work on any Kodi 17 as i tried and told you
    i said it will only install on kodi 16 or what i used Minix XBMC 16.3 and it installed and worked
    regarding your download speed mine was downloading the same build at 3000kb/s
  15. Frederick_99

don't waste your time on this one.....
    mark2 likes this.
  16. Villa

Villa Well-Known Member Super Moderator

17. MINIX - Ken

MINIX - Ken MINIX Team Member Administrator

Guys, what we are worrying is that your expectation is too high for this firmware.

Like I said from the very first beginning, the Lollipop SDK is not maintained by Amlogic so there are lots of bugs,

and many features will be missing too.

We are spending our time to make it less worse only.

In terms of playback it will never be better than KitKat + MINIX XBMC or SPMC.
  18. gianka

gianka New Member

I already know this has been discussed a lot and I didn't mean to start a new thread but all other are closed to comments. So, the question is......is the update still coming, in the works, stopped....??? Any expected date?? I would really appreciate if any of the MINIX engineers could reply.
  19. frutiloopis

frutiloopis Member

@Minix-Ken say :

Guys, what we are worrying is that your expectation is too high for this firmware.

Like I said from the very first beginning, the Lollipop SDK is not maintained by Amlogic so there are lots of bugs,

and many features will be missing too.

We are spending our time to make it less worse only.

In terms of playback it will never be better than KitKat + MINIX XBMC or SPMC.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
  20. gianka

gianka New Member

I read that already. Still that doesn't tell me if this updated firmware will come or not.