1. Registration issues have now been resolved. New accounts are able to be created

Apps opening by themselves ?

Discussion in 'MINIX & General Android Apps' started by Westsidesurf, Apr 26, 2017.

1. Westsidesurf

Westsidesurf New Member

I have a minix neo x8-h plus.
    Ive noticed when turning on my Minix box and open only 1 app, like sling tv, and then when im finished if I go to All tasks killer
    it will show 6 to 11 apps cleaned up and closing 3 to 6 apps.
    why is this if im sure I only opened one app.

So I did a test. I started minix box, clicked all task killer three times until i was sure nothing else was open.
    I clicked on Sling TV and watched a show for 2 minutes. stopped the show and clicked the home button to get to minix home screen.
    clicked all tasks killer, and then read that it cleaned up 7 apps and closed 3 apps. Ive done this test multiple times and get different number of apps affectedl Ive also done this with the Kodi app instead of sling tv.

I want to know why and how those other apps affected got opened or started running ?

Can i get minix to just open and run 1 app if thats all i open ?
  2. mark2

mark2 Active Member

The other Apps you will find are Android O S apps
    go to settings on the home page go across to other then more settings
    scroll down to Apps click on it top right you'll see running click that to find the running Apps
  3. midnight

midnight Moderator Moderator

As with many devices , computers , cell phones etc. certain programs or Apps. are always running ( or at least trying to run) in the back ground. I've read certain ones are worse than others , tv, news, and weather to name a few. How you prevent this I can't say other than doing what you're doing ... or all together delete these apps . Other members may have some suggestions ! Perhaps you may have to install an App that will want to run in the background to work :(
  4. dryster

dryster Active Member

I think that "apps" and "processes" may be confusing, as a reasonable example of that, I have only launched chrome on my windows laptop, but if I open task manager, there is a single application (chrome) running but 64 processes. Android is similar, because if you're part of the Google world then automated processes are there, tracking your eating habits, sleeping cycles, logging your searches and browser activity etc, and that's just google, but if you've installed other apps and have agreed to their notification cycle, then they will run when you boot your machine up, just to let you know those important things that you need to be notified of.
  5. midnight

midnight Moderator Moderator

Agreed, Google is definitely interested in our every move and "click" !o_O I for one always check to see what Apps have what permissions for this very reason !
    dryster likes this.