1. Registration issues have now been resolved. New accounts are able to be created

Are there more TV "friendly" apps out there?

Discussion in 'MINIX & General Android Apps' started by Gilligan, May 3, 2017.

1. Gilligan

Gilligan New Member

I come from the Fire OS so I'm used to everything being reachable with the four-way directional navigation.

With the U9-H I'm having to use the "air mouse" a lot. I honestly don't even know how it would be usable without the air mouse and just having the standard remote.

I can't get to search bars on most things like play store or Netflix for instance.

I understand that the OS is made for a tablet/phone but are there any apps that are better suited for a remote control that I'm just missing?

Maybe I just need to return it and get a Fire TV since my main issue was the underpowered Fire Stick.
  2. dryster

dryster Active Member

Hi @Gilligan just invest in a Logitech K400r, with it's unified USB receiver, and you can also add another mouse. That's what I do. I really do not like the air mouse at all, some love it, but I like a real precise mouse, and the K400 works well, and I like adding a logitech mouse, which works on the same USB receiver.
  3. Villa

Villa Trusted Helper Super Moderator

That still doesn't give an Android TV experience though!
    Gilligan likes this.
  4. dryster

dryster Active Member

True @Villa and it will be fantastic in a decade or so when so called Android TV boxes no longer run on an operating system designed for a phone.
    Villa likes this.
  5. Gilligan

Gilligan New Member

Yeah, that's the thing.

No mouse is really "comfortable" when you are laying in bed at 11 at night.

Again, when you use the Fire OS for a couple of years... you kind of get "spoiled".

That said, I do like the full play store and other benefits. Just not sure the wife and I are completely sold on the "extra work".

#FirstWorldProblems
    Villa likes this.