1. Registration issues have now been resolved. New accounts are able to be created

Arte.tv no longer plays on XMBC

Discussion in 'Kodi/XBMC for MINIX' started by CINEFILIUS, Mar 13, 2017.

1. CINEFILIUS

CINEFILIUS New Member

Hello Mr. Dryster
    If you want to know more about computers please Google "Robert S. Barton" and follow to the pages that mention "Burroughs B5500". It was designed from the point of view of the Software Architect, unlike almost all other computers that are designed by electronics engineers. Today there are still machines that can run the same programs written in the 60's.

Kind regards
  2. Gh0st

Gh0st Australia's Finest Since 1981 Administrator

I dont want to start this back up as it all seems to be resolved now and everyone appears to be talking like fine English gentlemen from the 1920s.

However I will not tolerate my mates being talked to like pieces of shit!
    EVERY single person here who does not have MINIX in front of their name (Ken & John) are not paid to be here, we are EXACTLY the same as you except we enjoy the product and like to share our knowledge with like minded people.
    These are fellas who I've never met before and would gladly sit down and have a beer with because they are good, genuine guys. They will bust their balls trying to help people who would literally struggle to plug a USB cable into a PC.
    As someone who has been in the field as long as yourself some basic troubleshooting skills and a willingness not to have the answer spoonfed would have gone a great distance.

I hope this has changed things and you can show a bit more respect to these guys. Someone with your experience would fit in really well here... even just for a good story.
    dryster, ENDRJUPL, skynet and 2 others like this.
  3. CINEFILIUS

CINEFILIUS New Member

Sir
    I fully admit that I made a mistake and sent my first complain to the wrong person. I intended to send it to the member Skynet. I apologized to Mr. Dryster.

"X25" movies is a simply typo error. I meant and mean "X265".

I am not qualified to rate "media players". I would say that I prefer VLC that runs in Windows 10 PC. very simple to parametrize, plays all types of video that you throw ai it, very small number of releases. The more releases a piece of software has, the worst it is.
  4. CINEFILIUS

CINEFILIUS New Member

Sir
    You are obviously very charitable and well educated. You take the heavy burden of "Administrator" for free. Why not going to Syria and help the refugees?.
  5. Gh0st

This brilliant display of immaturity will no longer be joining us at our forum.

We obviously put up with a fair bit (some of which was unseen in private msgs).. for some reason I let it go too long.
    Sadly old age doesn't spare some people from being immature toddlers
  6. dryster

dryster Active Member

@Gh0st - I think you are saying that the particular addon has been removed because it was old and contained inappropriate content! (y)
    ENDRJUPL and Gh0st like this.
  7. Gh0st

That's exactly what I was trying to say!
    I had to edit my post which I had held my tongue with anyway.. I've been running chatrooms & forums for 20yrs now, I could make a sailor blush with my colourful use of the English language :p
    There's a time and place though.

I really need to start a private hall of shame for some of these guys
    ENDRJUPL and dryster like this.