1. MINIX team will be having Chinese Lunar New Year holidays from 23/01 to 05/02, replies will be limited during this period, please kindly note.

Audio cut outs

Discussion in 'Official Firmware Releases' started by Nathancs, May 11, 2015.

1. timmins

timmins New Member

I think I found a possible work around for this. Mind would cut out after a few minutes of streaming and would go for a few minutes in-between cut outs. If you bring up the audio menu, the one with options to change levels and offset the video with the audio. Anyway I noticed that my audio boost was sitting at 9.5db which is kind of high. I find that I can limit my cut outs by lowing it to less than 5db. You might find that you`ll have to raise your TV volume a bit. It not a fix, but it might point to what`s wrong to get a fix.
  2. EdT586

EdT586 Member

The problem is more complex then this, I noticed the audio only cuts out on certain sources like a CAM or TS CAM video/audio source links. Sources with DVDRips do not cut out and I have my audio boost at 30dB always. I know it has something to do with the firmware as it was not happening on previous version of the firmware for the X8-H. It doesn't happen on my other Minix boxes like my G4 or X7 for the same links.
  3. EdT586

EdT586 Member

The only way to get the audio back once it cuts out is to put your Minix box into Sleep mode and then go back, but it becomes usable as the audio cuts out in less than 5 minutes like clockwork.
  4. timmins

timmins New Member

You are correct, the source makes a big difference. I find the drop-out don't start for about 5 minutes into the video. I find if I press the back key to replay the video (few seconds), the audio is okay the second time around.
  5. Tirosh

Tirosh New Member

Like many others here this issue has also been driving me crazy. I will try some of these suggestions but not holding out much hope.