1. Welcome to the official forum for MINIX devices!

Audio drops intermmittently with both Google Play Music, Pandora and XBMC

Discussion in '[Bugtracker] Official 002 firmware' started by tpcemit, Dec 8, 2014.

1. bandit0

bandit0 Member

I'll give it a try when I'm home. Kinda hoping the 003 FW and Minix XBMC 13.3.3 final updates fix it though.
  2. Sm4sh

Sm4sh Member

yep! but I'm kinda scared to update have seem the comments... :LOL:
  3. Tengujin

Tengujin Member

Updated (OTA worked even when my box was rooted :p ) and been testing the whole evening.

I must say that I'm impressed, as in my case the drops are more or less gone with every video (SD/HD) and audio format (MP3/AC3/DTS) that I have in my collection (NAS)
    Even problematic (25hz) TV shows that are streamed from the internet, with AAC audio track, play fine as these were dropping audio the most (in my case)

Put my box to sleep and will continue testing tomorrow, as it might be just temporarily that it worked ;)
  4. mv_b

mv_b New Member

I think the same with Tengujin,after the last update and Minix xbmc final,I think,audio drops are gone.
  5. kingdingaling

kingdingaling Member

does everyone here have the 8-h ?

or does this problem exist with the plus model?
  6. MINIX - Ken

MINIX - Ken MINIX Team Member Administrator

And use "self-adaptive refresh rate switching" instead of the XBMC's built-in switching.
  7. MINIX - Ken

It should be.
    But we can't guarantee when some extra apps or widgets or launchers have been applied,
    since we are not sure what they are doing on the background, too many variables.
    For a pure system, we could ensure...
  8. Sm4sh

Sm4sh Member

I've updated to 003 and the audio drop are with there, less often, but still there.
    Yesterday I watched 2 episodes, the first in SD (streaming) 1 audio drop followed by short video stuttering and the second in HD from my hard-drive, no audio drops and one slo-mo video stuttering...
  9. bandit0

bandit0 Member

Just wanted to follow up to my post. I updated to FW 003 and XBMC 13.3.3 final and the dropouts are still there, although it did seem like there were less of them. I also tried changing the Launcher back to default MINIX one but that did not help the dropouts either. I may try again without the self-adaptive frame rate switching to see if that helps but it sounds like there is an update to 003 coming that could address this issue.
  10. MINIX - Ken

the “drop“ is related to amplifier, some amplifiers, mostly ONKYOs, are having trouble @ switching to 23.976Hz properly. We have made a compatibility patch but we don't have enough time to test on more amplifiers, therefore we shall release a beta firmware for those who are having compatibility issue of such to test out. If it ends up to be satisfactory, we shall apply the patch on the next official release via FOTA, after our new year holidays.

Please kindly note.
  11. Tengujin

Tengujin Member

Thanks a lot Ken!

But I have ZERO drops since firmware 003, so something already is there that fixed, at least, my problem.
    However, I must mention that I still use xbmc 13.2 gotham (official) with the frame-switcher plug-in, so I have not tested the native switcher that is build in the 003 firmware.
    Also I do not have the slow-mo problem that some of the users have.
    I did download the update over FOTA today and will do some testing.

Thanks again :)
  12. kingdingaling

kingdingaling Member

13. MINIX - Ken

some devices just can't get the clock right by itself automatically, our fix is to tell them what to do.
  14. Spike2k2

Spike2k2 New Member

New here, having constant audio dropouts using Hulu, Kodi streaming, Kodi downloaded videos, basically any video using Minix X8-H. Very frustrating since I just cut the cord with Time Warner. This is just since last OTA update. I am using an Integra 50.4 receiver (Onkyo's pro line). I have read about the patch, so I am going to try it and report back.
  15. Spike2k2

Spike2k2 New Member

Update: I am not going to try the patch....I didn't know it required a total factory reset.....this stinks. I have too much time invested in this thing to start over again. Please create an ota update. I am about ready to abandon Minix and go to an HTPC. I got things working good, cancelled cable, then this happens.

Ref my previous post about audio dropouts: New here, having constant audio dropouts using Hulu, Kodi streaming, Kodi downloaded videos, basically any video using Minix X8-H. Very frustrating since I just cut the cord with Time Warner. This is just since last OTA update. I am using an Integra 50.4 receiver (Onkyo's pro line). I have read about the patch, so I am going to try it and report back.
  16. Higgs

Higgs Yellow Dude Super Moderator

What patch are you referring to and why are you posting in an old firmware thread (check the date on the post just before yours)? The latest firmware is now 007. Which firmware do you have?
  17. max80

max80 Member

I have the same audio dop issues since I updated (via FOTA) from the stock 002 firmware. I currently have the latest 007 firmware.
    Wish there is a way to solve this issue apart from flashing the device to 002 firmware.

setup: Minix X8-h connected via HDMI cable to Sony TV, PCM Audio output, automatic framerate switch disabled.
  18. Higgs

Higgs Yellow Dude Super Moderator

This is the bugtracker thread for 002 fw. Please post in the 007 firmware thread.
  19. KodiDude

KodiDude Member

Same issue, tried with two different Denon amps, one connected to a Sony Bravia TV and the other to a JVC Theatre projector (i.e.: not a data projector). In both cases I have random audio drops on both Minix XBMC and Kodi, all notifications switched-off etc. Been having this issue on all released versions in past 9 months, see related threads.