1. Welcome to the official forum for MINIX devices!

BUG!! Audio drops

Discussion in 'NEO U9-H' started by no8080, Oct 30, 2017.

1. Marwell

Marwell New Member

Hi guys,

So I tested the new 17.5.1 nightly release on oddicial FW0007 my audio issues gone, playing perfect DD and DTS audio without dropouts. (yet!)

This is the file name: kodi-20171025-8693376-Krypton-armeabi-v7a.apk

Upload date: 2017-Oct-29 02:49

I hope it will help you! Please test it!
    skynet likes this.
  2. no8080

no8080 Member

I have not noticed any dropouts either on 007a and 17.5.1, but like I said I got rid of all my videos that had drop outs for versions that seemed to work.

It would be nice if it was solved after all this time.

Can someone post a link of a sample of a file that has the audio drops?

Neil
  3. Marwell

Marwell New Member

I have a large collection of BDrips and 720p / 1080p movies in mkv fileformat. I downlad them from torrent sites. I know it's out of law but in our country its not a crime. Maybe you should try Kodi with these ones.
  4. emilsa

emilsa New Member

I had the same issue since upgrade to FW006. I was able to to fix it by changing Android settings -> Color Space -> Change to YCbCr 4:2:2 instead of 4:4:4.
    That solved the issue for me.
    Marwell likes this.
  5. Marwell

Marwell New Member

Thank you, my setup is now stable but if the problem returns i will try your option!
  6. Garry Ellis

Garry Ellis Member

I tested this last night and still experienced audio dropouts. The only thing that works for me is Video player (for DVD rips) and Kodi (for HD audio BD rips)
  7. no8080

no8080 Member

The audio has been better for me on Kodi 17.5.1, but unfortunately V17.5.1 has introduced bugs, the library cleaning function no longer works, this happened in 17.2 and it crashes a lot when playing X265 mkv files.

This is likely down to the new version of ffmpeg they have released, fingers crossed for 17.6 sorts these out.
  8. Garry Ellis

Garry Ellis Member

I found the solution to my audio drops in another thread. Minnix Ken wrote:
    U9-H can surely passthrough DTS audio in Kodi 17.
    1.) You don't need to change the system settings, just leave it as "PCM"
    (From Kodi 17 onwards, its passthrough is independent of the system's settings, the app handles the stream by itself and pass to amplifier).
    2.) In Kodi 17, just enable the passthrough option, and select those modes supported by your amp.
    That's it.
    I tried this and also set Kodi to 2 Channels rather than 5.1 and my dropouts totally stopped. Kodi now works perfectly in all audio modes.
    Do yourself a favour and give it a try. ;)[/QUOTE]
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2017
  9. no8080

no8080 Member

It looks like Kodi V17.6 has sorted the bugs introduced in V17.5.1, so that is good, so far no audio drops for me, which is good.

Any one else still got any audio drops on Kodi V17.6?

Neil
  10. shablamy

shablamy Member

No audio drops for me, but true-hd options have disappeared under the expert setting in the audio setup. No more Atmos for me.
  11. no8080

no8080 Member

I will check mine when I get home, will be really annoyed if HD audio is gone again, have you tried clearing the Kodi cache, I have to do this a lot after upgrading the OS and Kodi?

Neil
  12. shablamy

shablamy Member

I haven't, adding it to my "try new things to-do list" when I get home, thanks
  13. no8080

no8080 Member

I have just checked, I have no issues with HD audio playback on V17.6, so try clearing the cache, it seems to work 95% of the time.
  14. shablamy

shablamy Member

Cleared the cache, still have no hd audio options in Minix Kodi. LE works great and has the HD audio settings on v17. 6 git:a9a7a20

Dual boot ftw

Sent from my Redmi 4X using Tapatalk
  15. Sebastian Plattner

Sebastian Plattner New Member

unfortunatly I still have these Audio Drops. Kodi v17.6. Minix MHC19J20171021
    nothing helped!

- Reinstalled Kodi
    - Tried all kind of Audio Settings in Android and Kodi
    - Cache cleared
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2018
  16. krille30

krille30 New Member

I agree I have also tried different settings in kodi and Minix. Cleared cache but still get Audio drops in Kodi most often when watching Dolby digital. Normal stereo format sound is perfect with no Audio drops. Aby possibility to get this solved or do you thibk issue is on Kodi side?

Skickat från min SM-G930F via Tapatalk
  17. AndyCli

AndyCli New Member

18. Marwell

Marwell New Member

Same problem here, since i've bought it. Is it possible to the audio drops causes by slow HDD? Or Kodi can't buffer enough data? (but only audio drop, picture is still running...hmmm)

My HDD is Toshiba 3TB 7200RPM with 64MB cache in a USB 3.0 extrenal powered case. Maybe i should try wih an another HDD....
  19. AndyCli

AndyCli New Member

The "Shitty Build" solves the Problem with Audio Drops in DTS files but raises the Problem that crashing the System with TrueHD Files...so it seems an implementation Issue

Also: See here https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=323339
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2018
  20. B-art

B-art New Member

Bought a minix U9-H a few weeks ago and since the beginning i'm also experiencing audio drops from DD5.1 and DTS files with kodi 17.6. No matter what settings i change, i cannot solve this. I hope there will be a solution soon..