1. Welcome to the official forum for MINIX devices!

audio issue

Discussion in 'X8-H Plus Guides & FAQs' started by bebo, Jun 15, 2016.

1. bebo

bebo New Member

I I'm new in this field.
    I own a NEO x8-h plus
    The problem is.... every time I move from the moves file to internet or enywhere else there is an audio file and viceversa the audio drops. To get it back I have to switch the audio selector on the sound bar get out from HIDM source I use and back to it or switch off and then on the Minix.
    Hany help?
    Thanks Bebo
  2. Villa

Villa Well-Known Member Super Moderator

What is the Build number of your device?
  3. bebo

bebo New Member

JX8HPBOX16104052
    IF CAN BE OF ANY HELP
  4. Villa

5. bebo

bebo New Member

6. bebo

bebo New Member

thanks ;)
  7. Villa

Sorry, but I just re-read your first post and I am not sure what the issue is exactly?
    You have a sound bar connected to your X8-H Plus and something you do affects the audio!

Anyway, putting that aside for now we have ascertained that you are a couple of firmwares behind. It may be worth updating before we go any further. Did you check for System updates? There should be two which have to be installed consecutively.
  8. bebo

bebo New Member

I'll check the X8 status and will back 2 U asap
  9. bebo

bebo New Member

well this is the most recent up dated..........
    20160616_083119.jpg

my problem is that the sound drop when I move (any move) from any souce with sound such as Utube videos ore uploaded movies from the external hard disck to another. to restore audio 2 way switch off and restart Minix or move the audio selector on the sound bar and back on HDMI 1 where the Minix is pluged.
  10. Villa

So the updates haven't fixed your issue?
    I still do not understand the issue? Do you have a sound bar connected to your device or are you referring to this as the sound bar?

Screenshot_2016-06-16-09-29-33.png
  11. bebo

bebo New Member

Mean while...... I tried differents configuration and I found out is a sound bar HDIM problem....now the Minix is connected to TV and I get the audio from TV by the optical cable. Now when I change audio sorce from the Minix the audio does not drop!
    Sorted out!
    Thanks anyway
    Bebo
    Villa likes this.
  12. Villa

13. bebo

bebo New Member