1. Official MINIX forum

Tutorial Autoframerate detection + switching output in XBMC

Discussion in 'NEO X8-H, X8 Plus & X8 Guides and FAQs' started by jk-nz, Aug 30, 2014.

1. Higgs

Higgs Yellow Dude Super Moderator

Programs - Addons (In main menu, not settings)

2. mito

mito New Member

:)
    Works perfect. I had to RTFM.
    gjs999 likes this.
  3. Rosycross

Rosycross New Member

Hi,

I apologize in advance if this is a lame question:

I'm unsure what Hz to set the tv to go back to once I stop play. My TV information says that it is a 120 Hz television, so should I just set frequency switcher to go back to 60 Hz once stopped?

Thanks in advance,

Ryan.
  4. genem

genem Active Member

5. ENDRJUPL

ENDRJUPL Well-Known Member Super Moderator

Yes, 60Hz is a safe bet.
    datrh likes this.
  6. Vlad

Vlad New Member

Dear Higgs,
    I installed the Frequency Switcher on XBMC on Minix 8-h, when to configuration and it says Service Stopped for Service and Keys deactivated for May Keys or that it's not possible to configure. I'm entering configuration options through settings on the addon through Programs Addons.
    Can you, please, advise, if I am doing something wrong?
    Thank you,
    Vlad
  7. Higgs

From the first post;
    "
    The configuration menu can be found under Programs - Addons - Frequency Switcher.
    Open via OK on the remote, Enter on a keyboard, or Left Click on mouse (not via the Context menu - Addon settings)."

Sent using Tapatalk
  8. Vlad

Vlad New Member

yes, did that - the same comes out, in the window it says MINIX NEO-X8, HDMI mode file is read only, service stopped, keys deactivated, only clean up option works
  9. Higgs

Which firmware are you on?
    Can you post a screenshot please?

Sent using Tapatalk
  10. Vlad

Vlad New Member

firmmare 20130913 Base Version 1.0, just bought it, about tree days ago

Attached Files:

11. Higgs

The frameswitcher addon only works of firmware beta8 and above.
    You should update to beta9-2 fw.

Sent using Tapatalk
  12. Vlad

Vlad New Member

thank you very much! it works perfectly. I have one more question - if I root the box, do I have to reinstall all this or will it stay in place? Sorry, I'm not that good in software and electronics.. I found a link on freaktab with a zip dated of end of May for x8h root, but I'm not sure if it's safe to use it. Thank you again.
  13. adi_tca

adi_tca Trusted Helper Trusted Helper

14. Vlad

Vlad New Member

thank you!
  15. Ulises Rodriguez PhD

Ulises Rodriguez PhD Active Member

Hi jk-nz and all MINIX/XBMC users,

Thank you very much for making this Excellent AutoFrameRate Switching Addon for XBMC.

It really works flawlessly in the X8-H with Beta-9!!

Please, excuse me if this question has been asked before, but I would like to know if anyone here has experienced problems when using the "Viewster" Video Add-on.?

The problem is that, every time I start to use the "Viewster Video Add-on", if I select Korean Drama/Movies/CLUB BUTTERFLY, I always get the following error message on my two Samsung HD TVs (one 55" 18 Months/Old, and the other 45" latest model 6 Months/Old):

"Mode Not Supported - The Resolution is not supported on this TV. Please change the resolution"

The same problem happens with Spiegel.tv, Irish.tv, VideoVideo.dk HD, and others...

I already have tried changing some picture size on my TVs to "Screen-Fit", " 16:9", "4:3" and "Wide Fit", without any success!

Thanks in advance for help!
  16. Magnus ERIKSSON

Magnus ERIKSSON New Member

Hi all,

I am a new owner of the NEO x8-h since 2 days and have since then installed the HARDWARE GURU firmware V9 (Keep Data), also installed the XBMC 13.3 Gotham MINIX-version from DOWNLOADS-section at MINIX. In addition I installed the frame-switching script and got it working (I think), at least there are messages showing in XBMC about set Hz when I play videos.

I wanted to test a movie that I knew was in 60Hz and since I had a few BF4-movies in 1080p, 60Hz downloaded from:
    EUROGAMER
    (Cannot provide a working link since this is my first post and link-attachments are not allowed, just GOOGLE "eurogamer download bf4 60hz download")

When launching them on the Minix I get the message saying that 60Hz has already been set but the sound now starts to drift and get unsynced the further I get into the playback of the file!?

I have tried various settings in XBMC-VIDEO-PLAYBACK (trying to get the video to sync), I also disabled the frame-switcher addon but the effect is the same... video and sound does not sync?

In the MINIX settings I have set video-resolution to 1080p (60Hz) and 50Hz, I also set the auto-hdmi-detection but without good results.
    I am not new to XBMC since I have been running it on PC for years and the same files play fine on my HTPC.

I can see that when I play an ordinary .mkv it normally switch to 24Hz and I have not yet experienced any syncing problems then.

Anyone have an idea of what can be wrong?

Best regards,
    erikss0n
  17. mito

mito New Member

"OT"-question: Will this Add-on also work on XBMC on an Amazon Fire TV?
  18. ENDRJUPL

ENDRJUPL Well-Known Member Super Moderator

No.
  19. Johan_Schaafsma

Johan_Schaafsma New Member

Hi all,

I am using minix 8-h with xbmc on hardware guru beta 8 firm.
    I use the frequency switcher addon within xbmc. It worked marvelous. But I changed from Hdmi directly connected to my tv (and optical to receiver) to a simpeler connection: hdmi to receiver and hdmi from receiver to tv.

Now frequency switcher messes up the audio handshake. My receiver gets lost trying to find the right audio, only after resetting the minix it finds audio again (dolby).

Disabling frequency switcher does the trick, but brings back stuttering in video playback ( the reason we use frequency switcher).

I can't seem to find a perfect solution.. does anyone know a way?

I am back to my first setup, but can't life with that

Cheers
  20. akislxt

akislxt New Member

I think that your previous setup (HDMI to TV and Optical to AVR) is the best connection you can get.Some AVRs are not usually capable of changes to the video signal when they "lock" the audio.So there isn't a possible solution to that problem since it seems a hardware limitation.Using the optical connection lets the AVR to only deal with sound signal,and the TV with the video signal with all autoswitcher changes.

Also,with that connection your AVR must be always powered on when using the X8 ;)
    I can think two other solutions that might work,but haven't tried any of them with the X8,and both depend also on the types of equipment you have:
    1.Connect X8 to Tv via HDMI and IF your TV has optical connect it to the AVR.
    Pros:You have all the audio your TV plays on your AVR
    Cons:That's not a more simple connection....Also your TV might not support DD or/and DTS and if not passthrough capable,you might not have any sound when these audio formats are used
    2.Use an HDMI splitter to connect via HDMI both the AVR and the TV.
    Pros:It might work,but ain'y simple connection either
    Cons:It might not work,you must buy an HDMI slitter if you don't have one....Also,I used a cheap HDMI splitter in the past and it might be the cause that one of my old TV's HDMI input isn't working anymore.It was damaged two days before the HDMI splitter was dead too.Coincidence or not,I warned you...