1. MINIX team will be having Chinese Lunar New Year holidays from 23/01 to 05/02, replies will be limited during this period, please kindly note.

Tutorial Autoframerate detection + switching output in XBMC

Discussion in 'NEO X8-H, X8 Plus & X8 Guides and FAQs' started by jk-nz, Aug 30, 2014.

1. Johan_Schaafsma

Johan_Schaafsma New Member

Thanks for your thoughts!
    Optical via TV is maybe a good idea, saves my one optical cable. . Don't know if my tv supports audio pass through.
  2. Mafarricos

Mafarricos Member

for what I'm grasping, this addon has the possibility of work in all amlogic devices providing that the file is writable with the correct resolution and framerate, no?
  3. Mafarricos

Mafarricos Member

Already confirmed that this addon can work in a rockchip based box, I know is a bit offtopic. But this addon should be divulged also in a generic android/xbmc forum ;)

Enviado do meu Nexus 7 através de Tapatalk
  4. jk-nz

jk-nz Developer

Family illness has taken me out for the last 3 weeks; everyone has recovered now so i'm back :)

The MINIX team looks to have made a lot of progress - as usual - including native XBMC frequency switching!
    http://www.minixforum.com/threads/v13-3-3-beta-minix-xbmc-for-evaluation.1926/

This is fantastic news, and should replace the need for this addon!
    Just about to download and test now; I expect it will be sweet in which case I will shelve plans for GitHub and 4k support.
  5. jk-nz

jk-nz Developer

Installed and tested 13.3.3, works as advertised :)
    SmashD likes this.
  6. Mafarricos

Mafarricos Member

Yes in 13.3.3 there is no need of your addon :)

Enviado do meu Nexus 7 através de Tapatalk
  7. Chestboy76

Chestboy76 New Member

Works great on my LG and Haier tv's. No luck at all with my Samung tv. I keep getting; "Mode Not Supported - The Resolution is not supported on this TV. Please change the resolution". I'm running ver 9 beta f/w. It's not specific to any particular addon. It's all based on source content including certain IPTV channels. I wish I knew how to resolve it.
  8. Higgs

Higgs Yellow Dude Super Moderator

Your Samsung tv obviously does not support the framerate that the switcher is trying to switch to. There's not much you can do about that.

Sent using Tapatalk
  9. Chestboy76

Chestboy76 New Member

Thanks for your feedback. It saves me a lot of looking around for an answer.
  10. kingdingaling

kingdingaling Member

The issue I have is that my TV doesn't seem to support the refresh rates it's switching to.

I have a 25fps movie but my American tv can't switch from 60hz to 50hz

Any idea how I can watch my 25fps film without it jumping and audio going out of synch?
  11. Mafarricos

Mafarricos Member

kingdingaling, if you are using the addon, probably you have to configure that 25fps doesn't switch and sticks to your tv.
  12. kingdingaling

kingdingaling Member

But if no changes are made a 25fps movie played at 60hz means the audio is out of synch and the image jumps every few seconds
  13. Cybermonk

Cybermonk New Member

How do i remove this addon? Im using a X7 and it came with "X7 Kitkat v2.1.0 Community Edition" i installed.
    The disable and uninstall options are greyed out.
    I would use a clean install of XBMC if i did not allready fully setup my XBMC installation...

So i want to delete it manually if possible. But all i could fine where 2 files with the addon name in my profile folder and that did not change anything.
    So now i enabled view hidden files within XBMC but i can't find anything else with this addon name to remove...

I just find it annoying the addon is displayed between my videoaddons, i created a nice home link to "Video Addons" and use wall view.
    And this addon is just a big empty useless square between mashup, genesis and all my other favorite addons.
  14. rubin turrel

rubin turrel Member

hi , i have the neo x 8 H plus . fw 002 beta 8 minix xbmc when i click on frequency switcher in program section i get the unsupported os : minix neo x8h plus ,unsupported platform? service stopped
    map keys keys deactivated ???
    from here i dont know what to do ?????
  15. Healer

Healer Member

Install Latest minix xbmc. You don't need this anymore.
    It's integrated on XBMC settings.
  16. rubin turrel

rubin turrel Member

ok ty i played a 4 k movie and it played perfect!!!! so it seems to be working great have a good night!!!