1. Welcome to the official forum for MINIX devices!
    Dismiss Notice

Battery life

Discussion in 'NEO A3' started by Geoff Boardman, Jul 21, 2017.

1. steveg32

steveg32 Active Member

Then the A2 Lite it will be. Thanks guys!

midnight likes this.
  2. David Lewis

David Lewis New Member

I also am having the same problem, going thru batteries every 7-10 days. But I also am having the the microphone status LED turn on all by its self and when I do not turn it off using the activate microphone switch, I seen to have increase use on my batteries.

3. robert watts

robert watts New Member

Same problem. i have 2 A2 air mouse and 2 A3 air mouse, all of my mice are DYING!!!!!! replacing batteries non-stop lately. No matter what battery brand name I use. I read to shut off the audio i click FN then > button ?
    Anyone having this work? this shuts off the "audio". HUH? MINIX wants us to actually unplug the USB dongle between uses.?

Another post had someone asking that your remotes will die faster if you shut off the MINIX box, cuz the remote, like a cell phone is searching for dongle = dead remote?

PLEASE HELP> these remotes are the best out there, but this could knock it back a few pegs.

4. David Lewis

David Lewis New Member

I also am having the same probles, MINIX has a lemon. I've posted on the same problems. The only solution is to use the A3 air mouse with the battery lid off and put in the battery only when I'm using it the pull the battery.....

5. Deborbee

Deborbee New Member

I've been using A3 for 6 months mainly for KODI player. Batteries were draining weekly..no matter the brand. I have switched to rechargeables 1000 MAH. Problems solved by keeping a pair of batteries always on call. Still the best remote I've yet to test.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2017
    steveg32 and Villa like this.
  6. David Lewis

David Lewis New Member

one would think Minix would think about their customers and come out with a fix!

7. Gamer-Vodka

Gamer-Vodka New Member

Всем привет! Моя проблема заключается в то же самое с батареями + правый красный светодиод на пульте дистанционного управления постоянно мигающих. Как я могу отключить его? Он съедает батарею. Очень разочарован A3 !!! Я должен использовать небольшой пульт дистанционного управления из коробки.

8. midnight

midnight Moderator Moderator

Please post in English !

9. Gamer-Vodka

Gamer-Vodka New Member

Hi, everybody! My problem consists in the same with batteries + the right red LED on the remote control unit of permanently blinking. How can I disconnect it? He eats the battery. A3 is very disappointed!!! I shall use the small remote control unit from a box.

10. midnight

midnight Moderator Moderator

The only time my Microphone Status LED blinks is after pressing the microphone key to perform a voice search. I simply press the return/back button to the left of the Microphone key and the flashing stops. I don't use the voice search feature often but it seems work. It also states in the manual to hold the microphone button down for 5 sec. to turn off the microphone, this way also works for me !
    I get decent battery life based on my usage.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2018
  11. Ljudka

Ljudka New Member

Hi, I have the same exact issue. My A3 has devoured more that 10 times its price in batteries worth in one year.
    If you don't completely shut the box off, but only put it in sleep mode, the A3 is going to completely drain a Duracell new set of batteries within a couple of days, even if you are not using it.
    I never understood the reason why the A3 should want to stay awake when the box is in Sleep Mode, but that is how this has always been in a year of usage.
    I tried rechargeable batteries too, but the a3 never even turned on with those.
    One of my worst bargains..
    I have bough a chinese "H1 somatosensory mouse" now, which has the same functions as the A3 but sports a USB rechargeable lithium battery AND backlit keys.. I just can't figure out how to perform the IR learning of the A3, which seems to not be clonable.
    Maybe the IR cloning issue should be posted elsewhere if I were looking for help (I am) but I have no idea where.. Hints accepted, thanks

Last edited: Jul 12, 2018
  12. skynet

skynet Moderator Moderator

Your A3 may have be faulty. Maybe a key is stuck.
    I use mine more than 6 months without changing batteries.
    Ask for a RMA.

13. Villa

Villa Administrator Administrator

I have always used rechargeables with MINIX remotes and can honestly say not had any issues!

Edit:
    I said this earlier in this thread...
    ...somehow this is not the case anymore! :)

FYI the only IR button on the A3 is the Power button.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2018
  14. steveg32

steveg32 Active Member

I purchased a 4-pack of Duracell AAA rechargeable batteries and a 4-pack of Energizer AAA rechargeable batteries. I use the Duracells with the A3 remote and the Energizers with the A2 Lite. Now I just laugh at the A3 if it drains the batteries overnight because I now have a second set ready to go on the charger. I rarely have to change batteries on the A2 Lite. Either way, it sure beats buying a lot of AAA non-rechargeables.

15. Villa

What is the capacity of the batteries?

16. Villa

Rechargeables last weeks for me! (y)

I only ever buy VARTA.

17. steveg32

steveg32 Active Member

VARTA is not available where I shop and neither were there any 1000mAh of any brand. Got 800mAh and I'm happy with them. They do just fine. (y)

Villa likes this.