1. Welcome to the official forum for MINIX devices!

Before proceeding to upgrade to 002 firmware... PLEASE READ THIS!

Discussion in 'NEO X8-H PLUS 002 firmware' started by MINIX - Ken, Dec 25, 2014.

1. sinansabahm

sinansabahm New Member

Hello
    I am new to this forum
    I have minix neo h8-h plus and using a USB .zip update package and the file is correct
    But during update the device reboot and stop on this screen for a long time and do not know what to do or choose
    Any help?

Attached Files:

2. Villa

Villa Well-Known Member Super Moderator

Why are you here in an old firmware thread?

What is the build number of your device?
    Depending on this means you may have a couple of options!

Go here...
    http://www.minixforum.com/threads/x8-h-plus-updating-the-firmware-not-via-fota.8331/
  3. 16877elvis

16877elvis New Member

If you have ticked the overight or the hdcp I'm afraid your in trouble, your box is unrecoverable.

ight box
  4. Villa

What are you talking about?
    He is using the USB .zip update package. How can he have ticked anything?
  5. Piel

Piel New Member

It happened to me aswell. I solved it just using a different usb stick.
    In my case a kingston 64gb failed, but an unbranded cheap 4gb worked.
  6. ENGAPETE

ENGAPETE New Member

I am trying to update the firmware to 002a as FOTA updates are not available as my minix is still out of the box.

I've downloaded the 2 files to my usb. Clicked on system update, selected the update zip file. Clicked on update, my minix then reboots and the screen stays black. System fails to update. I recycle the power on my minix and it boots back up as it was with no update.

Can somebody please help
  7. Higgs

Higgs Yellow Dude Super Moderator

You may not be giving it enough time to boot into recovery. How long does the screen stay black before you reboot?
    Depending on the size of the usb drive (and if you have other usb/sd cards installed) then it may take a few minutes.
  8. ENGAPETE

ENGAPETE New Member

I've left it for over 10mind but nothing happens. I originally tried using a 8gb usb stick And I'm now using a 4gb stick
  9. Higgs

10. ENGAPETE

ENGAPETE New Member

Yes my firmware version is dated 20141122

I have the Neo x8-h plus.

So should I just upgrade directly to 007a?
  11. Villa

12. Jeffers24

Jeffers24 Active Member

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2016
    Villa likes this.
  13. ClaG-68

ClaG-68 New Member

I read various topics and I confused updates X8, X8-H e X8-H Plus versions. I have questions about it: after making the manual update X8H-PLUS-FOTA-20141225, It does everything with OTA updates? That is, you get the latest version 008A? Or there is still need for manual updates? It is best to first install M1 Wireless Air-Mouse and make after updates or need is just the basic remote control? Finally, starting with the 002 version recommended to make the upgrade via USB directly to 008A, or better OTA? Thanks!
  14. Higgs

First of all what exact model do you have and what is the current firmware (build number)?

Your best bet will be to update directly to the latest 008a firmware.
    For X8-H Plus ONLY - http://www.minixforum.com/threads/x8-h-plus-updating-the-firmware-not-via-fota.8331/
  15. ClaG-68

ClaG-68 New Member

MiniX Neo X8-H Plus and the firmware version is the stock, never updated before.
  16. Higgs

Check out the link in my post above.
    Stock firmware will vary depending on when the unit was produced. You need to check the Build Number to see if you can use option 2 (easiesast way and it keeps data) or if you need to use option 1
  17. ClaG-68

ClaG-68 New Member

Ok now I'm in the office, I can just give you the correct version of firmware. Then for future ones I would do everything via OTA? THX a lot!
  18. ClaG-68

ClaG-68 New Member

I am sorry for the delay, then my version stock is build KOT49H.20150925. Update only via OTA? and then my version 13.3.3 of XMBC has to be updated manually, or install KODI from the Google store? Thanks again!
  19. Higgs

You can update via OTA, you may need to do two updates to get to the latest version.
    The latest official Minix XBMC for the X8-H Plus is the 13.3.3 version. There is a 15.3 version that was released for the U1 but its not finalised yet. However you can try it if you want - http://www.minixforum.com/downloads/download.php?file=MINIX_XBMC_20151230.apk

You can also install Kodi from the playstore. You can have both Minix XBMC and Kodi from playstore installed at the same time if you want to compare both.
  20. Jaysjaysisf

Jaysjaysisf New Member

Hi Ken

I have kot49h.20140722 is it possible to update via the USB method or do I have to flash. I know your post said to flash ife before 22/11/2014 but I'm hoping that it is now possible to update via usb
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2017