1. MINIX team will be having Chinese Lunar New Year holidays from 23/01 to 05/02, replies will be limited during this period, please kindly note.

Beta9 progress

Discussion in 'Beta Firmware' started by HardwareGuru, Oct 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. genem

genem Active Member

My system runs on beta 8, flashed it with SD card. I can't immagen that people complain about not want to use pc or sd card for update. Come on, for $ 3,- you buy an 2 gb sd card, wich is enough for updates.
    Problems with stock firmware? Update to 8beta 8 with stock buffer patch, and everything is working. Oh yes I trew out the M1 mouse. That helped a lot against reboots. I'm using now an 5ghz (cheap) wifi mouse from Rapidoo to controle my box, works perfect.
  2. jordi

jordi New Member

please add the capability to play videos @ 96 khz 24 bits video/audio .it will make the minix close to perfect for many users.thanks for the great job and support.regards
  3. albert

albert New Member

The OTA update feature looks as a gimmick with no real use in the minix 8h一so far cannot be used.
  4. corganjordan

corganjordan Member

thats because there is no update to install OTA yet, these are all beta's. Once they test it all, you will be able to use the OTA to update to latest offical firmware
  5. woftor

woftor Member

No shit Sherlock.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 5 met Tapatalk
    WilfredG likes this.
  6. Max Henri

Max Henri New Member

Would like to atleast try this fabled beta 9, before I get an Android TV.
  7. zarbman

zarbman Active Member

Friends pressure the team that is doing the new firmware will not make it out faster. Only they will tire the moderators and administrators and what they will do is stop entering these post and when you actually write any major modification will not read. So we will be patient I also want to see the new changes that are coming ....
  8. Ulises Rodriguez PhD

Ulises Rodriguez PhD Active Member

Totally agree zarbman!

I'm glad a lot of your comment, because I've been saying the same thing in all my last posts, but unfortunately some users still do not understand!!
  9. MINIX - Ken

MINIX - Ken MINIX Team Member Administrator

Update: We shall release the BETA 9 tomorrow.
  10. Ulises Rodriguez PhD

Super... Super... Excellent news!!!!

A couple of days ago MINIX mentioned that the Beta-9 was almost ready (95-96%)... Has the MINIX Team received the long awaited information from Amilogik and it has resolved all the remaining small bugs (like the 4k player bug)?

I would like to know, if besides all of the new improvements of this New SDK Firmware, we will receive some APP and Functions or Tweaks in the METRO Launcher, so we can customizer better its Colors and the Icons positions?

Since, I have ordered a MINIX A2 Remote for my X8-H, I also would like to know if MINIX has corrected the remote driver and have at last implemented the Mic&Speaker of the A2, in this new Beta-9, or if we will have to wait for the Next or Final Firmware?

Thanks again for the great news!

Thanks MINIX for always keep supporting such an excellent product like the X8-H!!!

------------------------
    Please excuse the long message... But I am so happy, that I almost can not wait till tomorrow!!
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2014
    zarbman likes this.
  11. nereid24

nereid24 Member

Is it have 4k player bug fixed Ken ?
  12. zarbman

zarbman Active Member

Very good news ... now to wait for the optimal working of MINIX team ... thanks
    Ulises Rodriguez PhD likes this.
  13. Emanuell Hitardo

Emanuell Hitardo New Member

These are great news :)

Congrats for the hard work!
    Ulises Rodriguez PhD likes this.
  14. ssspacman

ssspacman New Member

Excellent. I will update my Minix x8h tomorrow, hope most bugs are solved.
  15. thebhenchod

thebhenchod Member

Great news!

I hope Sky Go works with this update.
  16. skyzo2000

skyzo2000 Member

Great news!

I hope Bein Sports app works with this update.
  17. mackin

mackin New Member

Great news, Hope this resolves my sound cutting out every so often.. And thanks for all your hard work guys...

Much Appreciated.
  18. MINIX - Ken

MINIX - Ken MINIX Team Member Administrator

Please check back a day later, thanks! Good night!
  19. Ulises Rodriguez PhD

MINIX-Ken Thanks, now I'll be able to sleep peacefully!!
  20. thebhenchod

thebhenchod Member

Skyzo, there is an app called world sports that has all the bein channels. I think it's on the play store if that helps.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.