1. Welcome to the official forum for MINIX devices!

X7 Black Screen after Update

Discussion in 'NEO X7' started by Bernhard, Jul 31, 2017.

1. Bernhard

Bernhard New Member

Hi guys,
    i am having some trouble with my X7 and i hope you can help me.
    I haven't used my box for more than a year and thought that it would be a proper idea to update it.
    I followed the instructions of this video with the
    X7 Kitkat 250 ( february 8th 2016 ) firmware on my Win 7 PC.

When i tried it out and plugged it in (TV), it said "no signal" for a few seconds, then the screen became black. Another few seconds and again "no signal" and so on...
    The blue LED was shining.

Last time i used the X7 everything worked fine but i've read that many people get problems whe they haven't used it for a while.
    Problem is, i can't remember which firmware i had, just that i've never made an update before (haven't used it a lot)

Hope you've got any ideas on how to fix this.
  2. Aptiva

Aptiva New Member

Try again to flash the firmware. You are sure its the X7 and not the X7mini? That are 2 different models and also firmware. X7 is the model where the Antenne is not attatcht.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-N910F met Tapatalk
  3. Bernhard

Bernhard New Member

I flashed it 3 or more times.
    And i am sure it is the bigger 16GB version
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 31, 2017
  4. Aptiva

Aptiva New Member

If there is still a blue light then there is hope to flash it. Different HDMI cable? I can help...but only in Netherlands

5. Bernhard

Bernhard New Member

Since it is the unused, original HDMI cable i haven't tried any different yet.

But i downloaded the image (this time with a downloadsoftware to be sure nothing is missing or corrupted) and changed the HDMI.
    Now i can see the boot animation. But i ain't sure which of these were the solution, because when i uploaded the imgage, there were a few things different than the times before,
    like when it was finished the green box of the RKBatch tool became red and windows recogniced the x7 as a hard drive.

I will tell you if everythings alright now.

Thanks and greetings from Austria ;)
  6. Bernhard

Bernhard New Member

So, tried the different HDMI cables with some devices, and i guess the problem was the HDMI cable...
    Man, thats embarrassing :p

But i'm glad it works now.
    Thanks for the help.
    Villa likes this.
  7. Aptiva

Aptiva New Member

Enjoy your MINIX X7 again