1. Registration issues have now been resolved. New accounts are able to be created

Blue "bubble" wallpaper, but no other controls

Discussion in 'Kodi/XBMC for MINIX' started by ToeCutter, Nov 27, 2016.

1. ToeCutter

ToeCutter New Member

Hi All,

Hopefully this is a quick fix.

I've set up my new Neo U1 today, and I'm running XBMC for Minix (16.3).

During setup, when I went the the XBMC App, it would show the blue background with the bubbles effect (default) along with the strip of selections (Videos, Pictures etc), but right now, when I navigate to it, I *only* get the blue screen with bubbles wallpaper, without the hozizontal strip of options etc.

Have force stopped and cleared cache. Rebooted device etc.

When on the faulty page, I can still hear the clicks taking place, but nothing happens. To play a video, I must navigate to it via ES File Manager, and then the video will open in XBMC. After that, I can use XBMC normally with all options etc. Odd.

However, once I close out of XBMC and reopen it, the same issue occurs again, in that I cannot see the horizontal strip of options across the screen.

Hope this makes sense - anyone have any ideas?

Cheers, Matt.
  2. Villa

Villa Well-Known Member Super Moderator

Try this...
    http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=206812
  3. ToeCutter

ToeCutter New Member

Thanks Villa - not entirely sure this is the same issue, so I'll need to look at the thread you linked to a bit more closely.

In my case, I see nothing at all except the "blue bubble" default wallpaper, but I can get the XBMC menus and functionality back only after navigating to the file using ES File Explorer.

In the case you linked to, only a certain function was missing. That does not mean to say that the solution is not the same, but given it's going to kill settings, I'd rather be sure before proceeding.

Maybe I'll just try SPMC, dunno..

Thanks mate for the reply!
  4. Villa

Villa Well-Known Member Super Moderator

Rename guisettings.xml and XBMC will genrate a new file, if it is no different, except for loss of some settings, you can delete the new file and rename the old one and nothing lost.
    So it is worth a try! :)
  5. ToeCutter

ToeCutter New Member

Sold! I'll have a go at this and let you know.
  6. ToeCutter

ToeCutter New Member

Renaming guisettings.xml and rebooting worked perfectly! Thanks Villa.
    Villa likes this.