1. Registration issues have now been resolved. New accounts are able to be created

Box freezing up

Discussion in 'NEO U1' started by curtyman11, Aug 28, 2017.

1. curtyman11

curtyman11 New Member

I have had the Neo U1 for over 1.5 years with no issues, but lately when I play certain 1080p and 720p links in kodi my box will completely freeze while loading the stream. I am unable to even power off the box with the remote and have to resort to unplugging it to restart. This started happening a couple months ago and has gotten worse and happens with more than half of the 1080p streams and some of the 720p as well. I tried kodi 17.4, spmc 16.7.1 and xbmc minix edition 17.4 and the same thing happens in all of them. The only difference is kodi 17.4 will freeze about 1 second into the video while the other 2 freeze before the video starts playing. I am lost in regards with what to do, and am looking to hold off on getting another box until minix releases one in 2018.
  2. curtyman11

curtyman11 New Member

I have the latest firmware released june 29 which I believe is FW013.
  3. GW1

GW1 Member

I have the same problem and unable to resolve. Running with latest FW. XMBC worse than Kodi.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
  4. Antonio Silva

Antonio Silva New Member

had a similar problem after upgrading to kodi 17.x Krypton. I unistalled that version of kodi and installed kodi 16.x jarvis. That fixed the problem.

I waited until a newer version of kodi 17 came out and the most recent one, kodi 17.4 was released on the play store on Aug 22nd. I tried it this week and all seems ok. Fingers crossed.