1. Welcome to the official forum for MINIX devices!

Box freezing up

Discussion in 'NEO U1' started by curtyman11, Aug 28, 2017.

1. curtyman11

curtyman11 New Member

I have had the Neo U1 for over 1.5 years with no issues, but lately when I play certain 1080p and 720p links in kodi my box will completely freeze while loading the stream. I am unable to even power off the box with the remote and have to resort to unplugging it to restart. This started happening a couple months ago and has gotten worse and happens with more than half of the 1080p streams and some of the 720p as well. I tried kodi 17.4, spmc 16.7.1 and xbmc minix edition 17.4 and the same thing happens in all of them. The only difference is kodi 17.4 will freeze about 1 second into the video while the other 2 freeze before the video starts playing. I am lost in regards with what to do, and am looking to hold off on getting another box until minix releases one in 2018.
  2. curtyman11

curtyman11 New Member

I have the latest firmware released june 29 which I believe is FW013.
  3. GW1

GW1 Member

I have the same problem and unable to resolve. Running with latest FW. XMBC worse than Kodi.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
  4. Antonio Silva

Antonio Silva New Member

had a similar problem after upgrading to kodi 17.x Krypton. I unistalled that version of kodi and installed kodi 16.x jarvis. That fixed the problem.

I waited until a newer version of kodi 17 came out and the most recent one, kodi 17.4 was released on the play store on Aug 22nd. I tried it this week and all seems ok. Fingers crossed.