1. MINIX team will be having Chinese Lunar New Year holidays from 23/01 to 05/02, replies will be limited during this period, please kindly note.

[Bug] CPU governor and frequency error!

Discussion in '[Bugtracker] Official 002 firmware' started by un1x, Feb 11, 2015.

1. un1x

un1x New Member

Hi, there is a bug in the CPU governor it was on the hotplug setting with only 2 of the 4 cores active! The CPU speed setting was min 96mhz to 1600mhz!

I have change the CPU governor to 'interactive' with "Performance Control" from F-Droid repo! Now all the 4 cores are active and I've put min CPU at 312mhz to 1996mhz, now it runs very fast and stable with arround 30000 points on AnTuTu Benchmark score!
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2015
  2. Tengujin

Tengujin Member

The only problem is that you cannot change anything unless you root the box, so for most people it is useless.
    We can only ask Minix to change the governor by default to interactive (or anything else)

But hotplug is usually fine because there are no apps, except benchmark apps, that are demanding al 4 CPU's to be active all the time, and hotplug does exactly that.

Below is a nice guide which explains what every governor type does.
    Most of the governors that Minix uses for the X8 boxes are there.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/nexus-4/development/guide-android-governors-explained-t2017715
  3. un1x

un1x New Member

I found out that the minix forces to use max 1600mhz, cause it resets the cpu settings all the time. I found "No-frills CPU Control Classic" more stable cause it can prevent minix by forcing to change the cpu config back to default. Also there is a way to make it permanent in the system config file somewhere.