1. MINIX team will be having Chinese Lunar New Year holidays from 23/01 to 05/02, replies will be limited during this period, please kindly note.

Bug: random MAC addresses

Discussion in 'NEO X8-H PLUS 002 firmware' started by el-bee, Jan 24, 2015.

1. el-bee

el-bee New Member

I updated my X8H+ to 002 firmware, after which the device started switching its LAN MAC address every time when it's powered down and back up. This is very annoying as I use Constellation (iPad app) to control XBMC, and the ever-changing MAC requires me to reconfigure Constellation settings on a daily basis. I have set up my DHCP server to assign a fixed ip address according to MAC address, but of course it doesn't work as the MAC keeps changing!

Unfortunately I'm still in the process of determining exactly how many MAC addresses does the X8H+ use, or is it just generated by random. Thus I can't really provide any other info about the bug. Anyway it's a rather serious one and I'd like to see it fixed.

Has anyone else noticed this problem? I know it's a close call, but are there any chances of getting this sorted out to the next FOTA update (end of january or so)?
  2. el-bee

el-bee New Member

3. el-bee

el-bee New Member

4. MINIX - Ken

MINIX - Ken MINIX Team Member Administrator

It's a known bug of firmware 002 and we have fixed it on the coming 003 firmware.
    Rui Oliveira likes this.