1. Registration issues have now been resolved. New accounts are able to be created

Bugtracker for NEO U1 FW009A

Discussion in 'Official Firmwares' started by MINIX - Ken, Aug 9, 2016.

1. MINIX - Ken

MINIX - Ken MINIX Team Member Administrator

Refresh rate switching is ON I assumed, if you didn't change it.
    Default is ON.
  2. silvapa

silvapa Member

Hi Valentino. I found the definitive solution. Use XBMC instead of kodi. No more sound problems. Cheers.
  3. Valentino25

Valentino25 New Member

Hi Silvapa, thanks for letting me know but allready xbmc in use haha, still static noise. I gave up lol..

Im getting used to it now, it doesn't bother me so much anymore. It's annoying when i turn up the volume because the static noise go's with the volume. Mayby i am static free in the future, who knows..right? haha Thanks for helping me out!

^Valentino
  4. ClaytonSA

ClaytonSA New Member

Hello, I've just bought a Minix Neo U1 and love it so far. :) But I'm having a problem with my external hard drives, and I think it might be a bug in the firmware... :(

I have 2 external drives connected via USB. It seems to keep swapping the drive ID's (sometimes it reads as uDisk0 but another times as uDisk1, depending on the order I plug them in). Then the Kodi library loses all its references and gives me an error "This file is no longer available. Would you like to remove it from the library?"

I have read through the forums and can't seem to find a proper fix. Some suggestions were for me to buy a single larger hard drive, buy a NAS, buy a USB hub, or connect the drives in the same order each time. I don't really want to buy extra hardware unless it's a last resort, as I'm sure there's a software fix for this somewhere.

I was wondering if there was a way I can force the U1 to use the actual name of the hard drive as a path, instead of the dynamic ID "uDisk0 / uDisk1"?

Thank you advance for your advice.
  5. Villa

Villa Trusted Helper Super Moderator

http://www.minixforum.com/threads/kodi-usb-disks.9595/page-4#post-113536
  6. ClaytonSA

ClaytonSA New Member

Thank you Villa. I see that it is an Android problem, not a Minix problem. So is there no way to force the U1 to use the actual name of the hard drive as a path, instead of the dynamic ID "uDisk0 / uDisk1"? I was thinking of trying a disk mounting app or something, but I'm not sure if that's an option or if it will work?
  7. Villa

Villa Trusted Helper Super Moderator

Sorry, I can't answer you!
    I only ever have one USB pendrive attached, I have a NAS and I connect anything else to my router which has USB ports.
  8. ClaytonSA

ClaytonSA New Member

I appreciate your help :) Perhaps the Minix developers will find a way to do this in the next firmware release. Until then, I'll keep hunting for another fix.
  9. MINIX - Ken

MINIX - Ken MINIX Team Member Administrator

U1 does show the actual drive name since many firmware ago, but we can't control how other devices read it from remotely?
    reading the path or reading the name is not under our control?

also, drives without names assigned by users would be shown as udisk# anyway.