1. Official MINIX forum -Forum was offline for maintainance during last weekend and is back online now.

Bugtracker for NEO U1 FW011

Discussion in 'Official Firmwares' started by MINIX - Ken, Dec 2, 2016.

1. bitweasel

bitweasel New Member

OK, glad this isn't just me.

I'm thinking of reverting to firmware release 9. I can't remember now what I was after with the upgrade.

Over the holiday I bought a new set, which means a new smart TV because what else is there these days?

It's a sharp/roku set (I'm not too impressed with Roku - once you get past Netflix, the apps are unstable. I regularly have the Amazon app crash the entire TV!) but I like the high def and multichannel audio on Netflix. The downside - figuring out how to address a home (sharp) / up arrow (minix) remote conflict.

I had a spare BT remote, and that helped, until I figured out how to get the Harmony and hte box to agree on a new key to use in place of the up arrow.
  2. Hub

Hub Member

I don't understand. What's connection between Netflix and your sharp tv and problems with avi/xivid/divis files on FW011 ? Definitely avi files doesn't working properly on FW011. In my situation films have sound but pictures is too speed (like x2 fast forward) or in some players can turn on but after pause or rewind freezes. ONLY in xcmb working without issues but even there I have one avi file which have problems in xcmb. In Mx player WE MUST change HW decoder to SW decoder and avi files working.

In FW010 nothing happens like this with avi files. Working without issues on every player. I mean so Change log since FW010: 2.) Improved some standard definition (.avi, .mkv) videos playback smoothness must something wrong in firmware with avi files.
  3. bitweasel

bitweasel New Member

sorry, I was primarily being conversational there.

I also thought it interesting that the Minix and Sharp remote codes overlap.

Now, as I try to revert to fw 009A, I have tried:

- using the ZIP on a microsd card. Zip cannot install; box reports that it can't install the zip over a newer
    firmware
    - using the .IMG file and image burning tool. Burning tool detects device but errors out.

"[Err]--[0x10101002]Romcode/Initialize DDR/Identify/USB Control setup error"

I will try with a straight 008 or 009 ROM next, perhaps there is an issue with the 009A having the zip
    set up as an update ratehr than a full install?

System is no longer bootable.
  4. Hub

Hub Member

You must burn image by OTG and PC - please read all instructions on forum how to do.
  5. I have problems to delete my movie en TV show library. Al old maps that I deleted on the NAS still excist on Kodi.
    Did a cleanup library in kodi cleanup images reboot etc. no luck
    any idea's?
  6. Hub

Hub Member

So this dates must be in any hidden settings on NAS. Maybe on any cloud and connect with kodi. After new firmware by OTG - PC all dates will be erased.
  7. OverSoft

OverSoft New Member

We have about 100 Minix U1's running as Digital Signage boxes at one of our clients (soon to be expanded to 200).
    All of them are running on the latest FW (FW11). We installed our own launcher and narrowcasting player.

We're two main problems:
    1) About 5% of the players crash randomly. Sometimes the last image stays on screen, sometimes the display turns pink. The system is totally unresponsive after this, nothing runs and it's not accessible by USB (ADB or MTP). This happened on older firmwares too. This seems like it's hard crashing, because a normal Android kernel panic would reboot the box (right?).

2) Since FW009, some players keep cycling the boot animation, Android's "Starting apps" and then the launcher for 1 second. Logs in the "data system dropbox" directory points to this:
    A file is created (system_server_crash at [timestamp].txt) with the following contents:

Sometimes clearing the cache works, sometimes it doesn't. This is not really workable, as these players are supposed to be maintainance-free.

We developed our own USB hardware watchdog, to make the systems more reliable. But it would be great if we could run them without these devices.
    /edit: It would be great if we could work together with someone from Minix themselves, we are going to roll out more than a thousand boxes in the next few months.
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2017
  8. Viggen66

Viggen66 New Member

Never thought of using this box to display digital signage, really multiple uses, some even use it to surveillance, others to control gadgets in the house, really the sky is the limit
  9. OverSoft

OverSoft New Member

I even build our signage app especially for this box. The fact that this box has an MCU is really helpful (auto power-on without a jumper) and it's fast enough to handle 1080p content.
    I'd just like it to be 100% reliable. ;)
  10. mehgurd

mehgurd New Member

I also would like to state here that (since the latest firmware?) I'm having very irritating audio sync problems and also the popping/clicking sound that has been reported quite a while ago and that is still an active issue! I do feel that the audio problems here are being ignored by the mods/devs. Would appreciate it if these issues could get a thorough investigation which I'm more than willing to help with!