1. Registration issues have now been resolved. New accounts are able to be created

Bugtracker for NEO U9-H FW004A

Discussion in 'Official Firmwares' started by Gh0st, Apr 13, 2017.

1. Kondor

Kondor New Member

Minix,
    I have found a way to resolve bug with TS video streams. All you need to add this line to init.amlogic.board.rc (like in Minix Neo U1 firmware):

write /sys/module/amvdec_h264/parameters/error_recovery_mode 1

Now all TS stream work fine.
    skynet likes this.
  2. MINIX - Ken

MINIX - Ken MINIX Team Member Administrator

We fixed it another way but maybe your is good too.

How about the mp4 sample you provided? Does this change work?
  3. ALVATECH

ALVATECH New Member

On the U9-H and also U1 box. When I go to the play store and if I have the navigation bar down it still shows black bar at bottom of play store as if I still have it open. But I don't.
  4. Villa

Villa Well-Known Member Super Moderator

5. ALVATECH

ALVATECH New Member

6. Villa

Villa Well-Known Member Super Moderator

Which Android version does the other box have?
  7. ALVATECH

ALVATECH New Member

Android 6.0.1
  8. Mohammed Umar

Mohammed Umar New Member

I just upgraded from a U1 to a U9. What a disappointment it truly is.

There are so many different problems that I am experiencing.

First off, I'm completely upto date in regards to Firmware. Im running FW004 with Kodi 17.3.

Call me crazy, but I only mainly use my Minux boxes for local playback via upnp.

I upgraded for the simple fact that the U9 was compatible with HDR, however this doesn't truly seem to be the case.

I have a Hisense 55M7000 as my TV and everything is fed through my Denon X2200w AVR via HDMI 2.0 cables.

Now in regards to HDR.....

If I switch it on, the box seems to play HDR but my TV doesnt see that. The HDR picture mode is greyed out and not selectable. When I play any other 4K file, the tv restarts itself and goes into 1080p with the audio cutting out. If I play any other file for e.g. something 1080p the tv restarts itself. Its just all mind boggling. I dont know what the heck is going on.

I played around with CEC to see if that was it and Im just baffled.

Deep color doesnt work which I've already read has been ironed out in the next firmware.

Where is this next firmware that was promised last month? Im ready to return my U9.

Is there any light at the end of the tunnel ?
    nineteenth and xZEDx like this.
  9. skynet

skynet Well-Known Member Trusted Helper

The new FW005 will come quickly.
    A beta was given weeks ago and issues reported will be corrected.
  10. Mohammed Umar

Mohammed Umar New Member

Quickly? Its overdue is it not? I really dont want to return the U9-h but if the firmware doesnt come in time for me to see whats been ironed out, I might have to.
  11. Frederick_99

Frederick_99 Well-Known Member Trusted Helper

no its not overdue...show a little patience ......
  12. MrBig

MrBig Active Member

If you do, you will only be in the same or worse boat as you are in now. And you will probably have WAY less support.
    I sell many brands of boxes, all shapes and sizes, and prices. There are less expensive and more expensive ones available. MINIX is my first suggestion to customers, my personal brand in my home, and IMHO the best quality boxes available for the money.
    kingsizept likes this.
  13. Mohammed Umar

Mohammed Umar New Member

I might have been misinformed. I was told It was due in May and I'm sure I read the same thing. That it was promised in May.

I'm just really frustrated cus I don't want to return the box.

As it is in my home. I have 2 Neo U1's and a Neo U9.

I know about the support, its why Minux is the choice of box I will always purchase. I never said I would go elsewhere. I just meant I'd revert back to using my U1.
  14. midnight

midnight Moderator Moderator

Even if it was promised in May ........it will be released when it is ready.
  15. ALVATECH

ALVATECH New Member

If you read the first post at then end of the firmware instructions it says
    May 2017 probably.
    So this is not a promise.
    Link here: http://www.minixforum.com/threads/neo-u9-h-fw004a-20170412.16275/

Making firmware for android boxes is not an easy job. It's time consuming and also if bugs arise troubleshooting these bugs sometimes are a real pain. So this is why sometimes things are set back. So patience is needed.
  16. MINIX - Ken

We shall release FW005 this week, latest = next week.
  17. MINIX - Ken

We released the beta instead, so to make the final one better.
  18. MINIX - Ken

The latest firmware should be FW004A instead of FW004.
    We have the same Denon X220W receiver that you are having, plus a SONY HDR TV.
    And I think HDR is working fine.
    Hisense? um... I don't know.
    For TV I trust only 3 brands, in the order of SONY, Samsung, LG.
    HDR setting of U9-H should be auto and no need to change it.
  19. Cizzz

Cizzz Active Member

You could also just install the FW005beta. For me personally it is much better than FW004 or FW004a.
  20. Kondor

Kondor New Member

No, it did not help with mp4 sample. But I also find something interesting with other S912 boxes. This mp4 sample works fine if you disable CPU_IDLE state for cores.