1. Welcome to the official forum for MINIX devices!
    Dismiss Notice

Bugtracker for NEO U9-H FW007A

Discussion in 'Official Firmwares' started by MINIX - Ken, Nov 9, 2017.

1. keanustar

keanustar Active Member

I dont think these are working. They have .lge as an extension.
    I know i tested them directly in the TV and they played, but I believe on Kodi they did not. This was many months ago.

2. reaklif

reaklif Member

I have the same issue i quess. Now and then i have short audio drops for about a second after that the audio is back norma. Then after one minute again audio drop. I have to reset the minix to solve it. Also sometimes after having played SD content with 2.0 sound on Dumpert e.g. a DTS, DTS-HD or Atmos etc has no sound. Then i have to reset Kodi to solve it.

3. skynet

skynet Moderator Moderator

Audio drops issue : http://www.minixforum.com/threads/audio-drops.17941/

4. Smartie36

Smartie36 Active Member

Lots of posts in this thread and no time to search through them all at the moment but has the issue of the box crashing to the minix glowing logo been mentioned in this thread.

I can be watching something in kodi and the U9 screen suddenly goes black and instantly the minix glowing logo appears on screen and no matter how long I wait the minix logo stays there, I have to pull the power and reconnect to get the box to boot up.

I've had this issue occur a number of times since I brought the U9 back in December, I did create a thread on here a few weeks back and had replies from others with the same issue & happening with numerous other programs not just kodi.

Looking forward to the next firmware release which hopefully sorts this bug out.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

5. olive069

olive069 New Member

Hi Ken, can we have updated news concerning FW008 development?

guest, Jani, Vitali and 4 others like this.
  6. darrenkdean

darrenkdean New Member

Echoing this. Attempted to play a 4K movie on the NEO U9-H. Living room TV & box both adjusted to HDR, 4K. Ever since then, I am experience random No Signal issues. Only way to get it back is to turn the TV off & back on again. Sometimes, that doesn't work & we have to pull the power plug out & turn it back on. It worked flawless for almost a year up until that. My wife thinks 4K broke our living room tv..*#!* Can't begin to tell you how hard that is to come back from. Will try changing the setting above to see if it corrects. If this could be addressed in the next firmware update, would be grateful.

7. wrxtasy

wrxtasy Well-Known Member

This is a common problem across all 4K HDR media players when using old HDMI cables. They simply cannot carry 18Gbps of data reliably. It is not a problem with the media player hardware or firmware.

You need a new HDMI cable (or two of them if connecting thru an AVR), like the high speed Amazon Basics or Monoprice Premium Certified (ie. tested) ones that will work reliably to transport up to 18Gbps of digital data to your 4K HDR TV.

midnight likes this.
  8. darrenkdean

darrenkdean New Member

Fair comment, which is why we replaced all of the HDMI cables last year with Certified HDMI 2.0b cables. The problem isn't that 4K & 1080p did not play flawlessly. For the first time, we watched a 4K movie. HDR, Deep Color, 4K picture, both the TV & NEO U9-H appeared to be talking to each other & making adjustments as we started it in Kodi. Movie & quality was excellent.

Ever since then, however, while watching regular 1080p content (local network), the picture will just disappear after a period of time. Sound keeps playing, but the picture is gone. This was not the case, prior too. This leads to power cycling the TV & sometimes the U9-H to get the picture back. The TV is an 8 month old LG UHD TV. I have turned the TV Screensavers off, turned power saving mode off, turned Day Dream off, etc. etc. but for the life of me cannot figure out what settings were changed when we played the 4K movie, that could have led to this. Any thoughts?

Setup: HDMI 2.0b direct from U9-H to TV. Optical Audio from U9-H to Sound Bar.

9. lundy

lundy Member

hi all,
    from time to time, i've encountered kodi starting up, going past the logo, getting in the main menu, and hanging, and i get:
    App not responding, wait/close
    the first few times i would close, start again, and later i kept ignoring it, chose wait, and kodi would work just fine...so, i didn't bother posting it
    lately, my iptv app started behaving the same way, i ignore it, and i'm able to use the apps affected, and as i mentioned it doesn't happen constantly but randomly
    i'm just curious if any1 else has experienced this and was able to fix it
    cheers all

Last edited: Mar 11, 2018
  10. CaptainJack69

CaptainJack69 New Member

Even though 'HDMI CEC control' and 'HDMI self-adaptation' are both set to off my TV still tries to put my U9 to sleep when I switch HDMI inputs. And it fails too. The box stays on until I try and switch the TV input back to view the U9 at which point the U9 goes to sleep. I then have great difficulty getting it to wake up propery AND difficulty getting my TV to connect too it.

For clarity, I want to be able to leave my U9 on all the time and switch between HDMI inputs without affecting it in any way.

Spamberler likes this.
  11. dennisdv

dennisdv New Member

can confirm that behaviour - messy as the U9 goes to sleep just when I fire up the TV...

12. Villa

Villa Administrator Administrator

Have you set...
    Settings, Display, Daydream, When to sleep, Never ?

13. CaptainJack69

CaptainJack69 New Member

When to sleep = Never
    When to daydream = 1 hour ('never' not available)

The problem is not the device sleeping by itself, it is caused by HDMI-CEC interface.

14. Robyn

Robyn Member

Since ever CEC is messy, Sony tv reacted differently vs Samsung TV, Onkyo AVR differently from Yamaha and all the TV box in the middle were doing anything but something coherent.

After testing all the combinations, now I turn on manually (all CEC functions OFF) in the following sequence: 1.AVR - 2.U9H - 3.TV, and I turn off: 1.U9H - 2.AVR - 3.TV

This is valid only for me, find yourself what's best for you. ;)

15. CaptainJack69

CaptainJack69 New Member

CEC can work very well. Chromecast has no problem at all on any brand of TV. Doesn't matter though, all I want is for the "off" setting to actually turn it off. Shouldn't be so difficult to get the firmware to do what it's supposed to do.

16. pxtoro

pxtoro New Member

I haven't seen this problem posted, but when I play anything, whether it's youtube, usb drive, external drive, online or my external drives connected to my router, the video jumps. It's subtle at times but then jitters. I should be watching a starship gliding in space but instead it jumps forward a bit randomly. I thought it was my HDMI cable but I replaced every one of them. Thought it was my 65' samsung uhd tv but on it's own it plays everything smooth and puts my u9h to shame. I've changed every setting back and forth from best framerate to best resolution. From HDMI self-adation level 2 to off. Hdr on and off. Every app does it from Kodi to Showbox. My last resort is posting it here. Has anyone else noticed this problem? I'm hoping my box isn't dying.

17. wrxtasy

That is VERY wishful thinking. Each manufacturer "tweaks" CEC control to add extra functions to work only with their own branded Audio / Visual equiptment.
    It's not an exact enforced standard. As such it's a complete lottery if it works as advertised between different equiptment from various manufacturers.

18. wrxtasy

That is the one Big advantage Smart TV's have over all external Android media players. They natively handle colorspace switching, upscaling & frame-rates, etc. a lot better vs. external media players across a whole bunch of Apps.

The closest I've seen for decent support for Frame Rate matching across a plethora of Apps is the Apple TV 4K that has such functionality working well because it's baked into tvOS Firmware AND Apps developers support such firmware functionality.

To be honest if you value smooth video playback, ALL Android boxes are a bit of a disappointment these days, even so called 4K HDR beasts like the NVIDIA Shield because most Android Apps developers simply refuse to support frame rate matching API's. The Shield cannot even auto switch rec.709/rec.2020 (SDR/HDR) colorspaces for god sake, even the U9 can do that.

For Android Kodi on the U9 you want HDMI self-adaptation level 1 - and in Kodi Settings > Player > Video > Adjust Display Refresh rate > Start/Stop
    Personally I would just use LibreELEC Kodi Krypton that auto handles everything. Set and forget.

19. pxtoro

pxtoro New Member

Thanks for the response!
    I honestly thought the HDMI self-adaptation level 1 was for 1080p...and level 2 was for 2160p...doesn't that limit my resolution and or refresh rate output?

Either way it doesn't change my stuttering issues, but on Kodi it's less noticeable with your suggestion, thanks. I'm still learning about all this so bare with me. What is LibreELEC Kodi Krypton and how/where can I get it?

20. Inigarc

Inigarc New Member

I have exactly the same 4 problem. But my device does not power on at all, never, with the IR basic remote control.