1. Welcome to the official forum for MINIX devices!

[Bugtracker] Official 003 firmware

Discussion in 'NEO X8-H PLUS 003 firmware via MINIX FOTA' started by MINIX - Ken, Feb 9, 2015.

1. MINIX - Ken

MINIX - Ken MINIX Team Member Administrator

Hi, may I know how to:
    "running the hotspot function and downloading from a connected 11g (2.4Ghz) and a 11ac (5Ghz) simoulteneously" ??
    Because wifi is supposed to be deactivated when running the hotspot feature. I need to know how, thanks.
  2. MINIX - Ken

You need to make sure Ethernet is not checked when trying to turn wifi ON.
  3. MINIX - Ken

We shall inform the developer,
    by the way this is not the first time YouTube trying to block the access...
  4. MINIX - Ken

Are you goint to return the replacement unit? :eek:
  5. Rui Oliveira

Rui Oliveira Active Member

you need (always) to link a usb dongle on minix to the keyboard /mouse works over wifi. I use a usb dongle that came with a wireless keyboard and mouse and it works well.
  6. Rui Oliveira

i dont use wifi just ethernet but you can link a wifi keyboard and do ctrl+alt+del to your minix restarts (like a pc)
  7. taki

taki Member

I load fw03 and after fota update. antutu score 30000. mpeg2 video quality dvbreceiver < minix x8-h ≤ enigma2. I have problem fps skipping and some stutter. may be based kitkat kernel amcodech, dvb core because openelec has some problem.

Tvheadend HTS streaming with kodi-xbmc tvh addon
    Mpeg2 25 fps | h264-avc | 25 fps h265 avc
    0-2.5 mb/s = ok- 25 fps ok | 50-60 fps x | 50-60 fps x
    2.5- 6 mb/s = ok- but 9-18 fps ok | ok 50 fps | x
    6-20 mb/s = x | ok but 40 fps stututer every 40second
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2015
  8. taki

taki Member

latest fota update for fw03 rom. I only changed boot.img for dvb tuner driver. open system update select file and touch update.
    http://d-h.st/GBOB
    all dvb driver and other driver
    http://d-h.st/srWH
  9. jjwvisser

jjwvisser New Member

Obviously downloading happens from a laptop and iphone connected to the minix hotspot.
    internet > router > minix (eth) > minix (hotspot) > iPhone (WiFi) + laptop (WiFi)

Never mind, the minix device also crashes with regular use of the hotspot - multiple devices connected. Ive tried flasing 003 directly and flashing 002 and the rest OTA.. No other apps of settings touched. In both situations the device crashes using hotspot sooner of later.

Please fix this - if necessary i can provide more information.
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2015
  10. u133787

u133787 New Member

i can't install any app from Google Play Store if my network connection is ethernet
    is it normal ?
  11. Limpain

Limpain New Member

No not normal
  12. Rui Oliveira

no its not normal. Do a factory reset on the minix and if needed in your router
  13. rezal

rezal New Member

Hi all,i updated to fw 003,after updated,i cannot hear any sound,i thought its the setting,i have to power off n unplug to hear any sound from movie,anybody have experienced this problem?thanx in advance..cheers
  14. Rui Oliveira

i dont have that problem. Do a factory reset. If the problem continue downgrade to 002 or wait to a new version. To restart your device you can use a wireless keyboard and do ctrl+alt+del like a pc....
    Check your sound settings and your cables also.
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2015
  15. Perecoba

Perecoba New Member

Hi. I update my Minix to fw003 and now the application Yomvi, Canal Plus Spain, does not work properly.

For now the only solution is downgrade to firmware 002. With this Yomvi works OK.

Can do you fix the problem with Yomvi ?

Thank You.
  16. u133787

u133787 New Member

If I connect via Wi-Fi the updates to apps begin, and i can install and download from Google Play Store.

If change to ethernet connection, i can access internet but play store not download any app (it stays on scrolling line and the download not begin).

The update from Google Play Store and installs only works in WI-FI!

Any ideas????
  17. Higgs

Higgs Yellow Dude Super Moderator

I know there is a setting for Updating only on Wifi, but I don't think this would affect downloading apps.
    You could try clearing the app's data and cache in Settings - Apps.
  18. u133787

u133787 New Member

I already done that
    only if i change my connection to wi-fi , it begins to download and updating.
    Please confirm this if you have ethernet connection ..... try, or is just me????
  19. Higgs

Higgs Yellow Dude Super Moderator

I can test again later, but my X8-H Plus has always been connected to ethernet and I've had no issues.
  20. Rui Oliveira

Its very strange.
    Please try with another rj45 cable. I dont have that problem at all.
    You check all connections?
    Please do a factory reset on your minix and if needed on your router...