1. Registration issues have now been resolved. New accounts are able to be created

[Bugtracker] Official 003 firmware

Discussion in 'NEO X8-H PLUS 003 firmware via MINIX FOTA' started by MINIX - Ken, Feb 9, 2015.

1. u133787

u133787 New Member

i have internet and working (i do Google and other stuff that needs internet). Is only in Google Play Store that happens.
    if i do fact reset , how to prevento loosing xbmc settings and addons and configuration ?
    and i have 003 firmware and last updates.
  2. Rui Oliveira

Rui Oliveira Active Member

You have on xbmc a add-on called "xbmc backup". If you have kodi the add-on is called "backup" (Search well and you will find - i think it is on "programs".
    Then is just backup everything (select all) and restore later
  3. rezal

rezal New Member

Thanx,i will give it a try,thanx u Rui..
  4. desertplanet

desertplanet Member

Just got my new NEO X8-H PLUS. Love the speed and video quality. ☺
    However few issues with this newest firmware.
    1- when playing mkv file from raw BluRay with 5.1pcm track, it plays back in only srereo.
    2—using auto frame rate, had 1 movie look like it was playing I slow motion. Like stop motion almost.
    3—cant seem to get BluRay iso 3D mvc movies to play in 3D. Only plays in 2D.
    Im sure all will be fixed, but wanted to bring up my issues.
    Thanks
  5. Higgs

Higgs Yellow Dude Super Moderator

If you're looking for help with these you'll need to provide more information for each. You need to state what your set-up is regarding sound output, what settings you have set, which apps you are using, etc for a start.
  6. desertplanet

desertplanet Member

Thanks for suggestion, here is some more info.

I'm using newest 003 firmware,
    I uninstalled xbmc that was in there, and downloaded the newest final version. V13.3.3.
    I set all hdmi and audio settings to pass through, both in master settings for minix and xbmc.
    I turned on the frame matching setting in minix settings, and tried this same setting in XBMC both set to on/off to see if there was any difference.
    I'm using hardware decoding option I'm xbmc.
    The ISO 3D Mvc files were backed up direct from my master movie disc via anydvdhd, using save to ISO.

The PCM movie backup was from my master movie and I used makemkv to make a single mkv file with only PCM audio and video.

I'm streaming all my video files over hard wired giga network. Using NFS.

Besides these issues, most of my media plays perfect. ☺
    Hooe this helps.
    Thanks.
  7. u133787

u133787 New Member

Thanks, Rui.
    By the way , have you know any method of catch input from games that use touch inputs?
    By exemple "Best Fiends" installs, run , but cannot pass from menu screen because the mouse/keyboard click is not recognized. however the pointer works normally.

Thanks in advance.
  8. philophil

philophil New Member

wifi channel 12 not accessible since 003
    ssid diplayed as "not in range"
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2015
  9. danlat1415

danlat1415 Active Member

I too am having the slow motion stuttering occasionally when playing videos.

I have both the X8-H and X8-H Plus.
    The X8-H had this issue when 003 firmware was first released but a fix was issued OTA for it and it works perfect.
    The X8-H Plus 003 seems to have the exact same issue but hasn't had a fix released yet.

@minix-ken are you aware that this issue also affects the X8-H Plus? Please can you apply the same fix?
  10. atomizasser

atomizasser New Member

Hello.
    Ken or Higgs, in firmware 002 it was possible scan wifi on channels 12 and 13 (in fact in changelog is write "add wifi channel 13") but in firmware 003 i cannot scan wifi over channel 11. I have tried to change wifi country to EU and and ro.wifi.channels=12 on build.prop but i cannot scan in channel 12. according to WIkipedia, in EU (and most of world) can scan on channels 12, 13 except US. How can i enable channel12?

Thanks.

Best regards. David
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2015
  11. Bostjan

Bostjan New Member

Hi,
    I'm new here, I own this player for about 3 weeks. I love it, but still I have few problems from the beggining:

1. Video slow motion: I think it's related to ext hdd, when I try to play DVD files (VIDEO_TS) from it. Is it possible that problem is in power supply ? With extra powered usb hub I did'n noticed the problem. I'm still testing.

2. Bluetooth keyboard: It worked perfect in stock rom. Since I upgraded to 003, keybord not working well. Sometimes it connects, sometimes it doesn't.

3. Google play store: "No connection" since upgrading to 003. I deleted my google account, then in apps settings cleared catche and data. Logged-in to google account again, play store is now working.

I didn't testing Firmware 002. You think I should dowgrade?
  12. Rui Oliveira

hello. You can try downgrade to 002 or even stock firmware. Dont forget to give more details like tv,kodi version etc. Bug tracker its very important to the next future firmware
  13. ntux

ntux New Member

Hi all,

I have a Minix X8-H Plus with firmware 003, and I am experiencing a small issue with one TV channel app. The issues has been present since stock firmware, and is still present with firmware 003.
    The video stream works fine, however the spinning circle (for loading) is very frequently shown as the video plays (maybe every 2 seconds for about 1/2 sec). It seems every time the video stream is buffering, the spinning circle is shown, even though the video is already playing. I tried looking for other people having the same issue with the app with other devices and can't find, so it probably is related to the minix firmware?

This is the app : "FranceTV Pluzz" (Can't post link to the play store, but the app id is fr.francetv.pluzz) and you may need a french IP to access videos.
  14. Rui Oliveira

Hello. You can try first do two things: reset your router to factory default and also reset your minix to factory default. Try do a speed test and see your down and up speed (if it working well with your internet provider). The video is in HD or SD? HD needs more internet speed. You have that problem with 002 firmware or stock firmware ?
    You are using Kodi to use the app? if yes reset also your kodi settings and data (everything).
  15. ntux

ntux New Member

Hi, and thanks for the input

I had this problem with both stock and 002 firmwares, fresh out of the box (factory reseted), and my router is clean (wndr3700 with openwrt). The box is connected through ethernet. I have a 30/10 mbps cable line, speedtest is consistent, and video is HD/SD (switches sometimes, I assume due to server bandwidth fluctuations). I don't have these issues with either other android apps from other tv channels (even when the adaptative stream automatically switches between quality settings), or when watching the stream for this channel from my computer.

The thing is I don't have "lag" during the video play (as it would occur due to slow bandwidth and paused buffering). Playback is smooth, however I constantly have the spinning circle show briefly every 2 or so seconds.
  16. MINIX - Ken

MINIX - Ken MINIX Team Member Administrator

Yomvi, yes we are aware and fixed it for next release.
    Canal Plus Spain - which one?
  17. MINIX - Ken

Channel 13 is surely a no go because we are not allowed to release it.
    Channel 12 we will look into that, thanks.
  18. MINIX - Ken

The same patch has been applied to both models and released via FOTA on the same day.
  19. soleil87

soleil87 New Member

Hello, this firmware is supposed to correct Vietnam htvonline bug. But after upadated my neo x8h plus, the problem still exists. I got a black screen when start a television channel in Htv Online program.
  20. Perecoba

Perecoba New Member

Sorry.

Yomvi = Canal Plus Spain