1. Welcome to the official forum for MINIX devices!

[Bugtracker] Official 003 firmware

Discussion in 'NEO X8-H PLUS 003 firmware via MINIX FOTA' started by MINIX - Ken, Feb 9, 2015.

1. ArcticWolfie

ArcticWolfie Member

Played a blu-ray disc today and the audio started to go out of sync after 1 hour or so and the subs failed after 45 minutes, restarting the video didn't work.

Also I got this odd stutter every now and then (every minute or so), it lasts like 2 seconds at max but it looks like it can't maintain the required fps. But audio is fine and it the stats don't show any odd performance issues...
    Not sure what it is, it could be my TV's CMR setting (Samsung), but changed the settings of that and that didn't help, the only lead I've got is that all videos have this issue.
    XBMC is set to change the TV's framerate to match the video's.
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2015
  2. MINIX - Ken

MINIX - Ken MINIX Team Member Administrator

Yomvi will be fine.
  3. Aker-

Aker- New Member

When i change the source on my TV the HDMI-CEC stops functioning when I turn back to the minix. There seems to be some problems with the HDMI-CEC in general since it flakes out every now and again and the only thing that works to get it working again is a reboot.
  4. Higgs

Higgs Yellow Dude Super Moderator

When you change back you need to select the CEC source not the minix source.
  5. Aker-

Aker- New Member

I have no idea what that means, but it's the same when I turn off the TV and put it back on again. The hdmi-cec seems to stop responding when it is no longer enabled.
  6. Higgs

Higgs Yellow Dude Super Moderator

If you look at the image attached, my minix is connected to HDMI2, but when changing source I select the HDMI-CEC source. (This is a Samsung tv)
    [​IMG]
  7. Neo New

Neo New New Member

Video playback stuttering @ 720p 50hz (HDMI auto-detection is ON) <--- I could describe it as a subtle rhythmic or pulsing effect.

Some audio synchronization issues in MX Player
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2015
  8. spec

spec New Member

When I have "hdmi auto detect" enabled it selects 720p by default. My TV is brand new and definitely handles 1080p.

Even when I turn this off and select 1080p, it's changed to 720p next time I start the Minix or change to another input source and then back. Could this be because of bad cables or CEC or something?
  9. Rui Oliveira

Rui Oliveira Active Member

CEC enable is for when you turn off/on tv the minix also turn off/on. http://elinux.org/CEC_(Consumer_Electronics_Control)_over_HDMI
  10. skippy84

skippy84 New Member

Hi folks, I don't know if this can be a bug or not but I received few weeks ago my new MINIX X8-H Plus and I set it up flawlessly. The only issue I can't fix is with the CEC system on my TV Loewe Xelos 40.
    When I enable the CEC in the MINIX settings and I put it to sleep with the remote power button (both the standard and the A2) the device goes to sleep but it turns on again after one second and, of course, the TV switch to the normal channels and then back to HDMI again.
    With no CEC the MINIX goes correctly into sleep mode using the remote power button.
    With the long press of the power button on the remote and selecting "Sleep" the device goes correctly into sleep mode even with the CEC enabled.

Any solutions? What are the differences between long press on the remote and select "Sleep" or pressing the power button on the remote?
  11. Rui Oliveira

Rui Oliveira Active Member

Hi if you use long press on the remote it will appear three options (restart,sleep, turn off), then you can select what you want.
    If you press the power button on the remote the device goes on sleep mode.
    With CEC enable the minix and tv turn in/off (if everythting works well)
    take a look at this http://elinux.org/CEC_(Consumer_Electronics_Control)_over_HDMI
    skippy84 likes this.
  12. DarioG

DarioG New Member

Problem, I install my microsoft wedge mouse bluetooth and when use in kodi version 1, and 2 when playing video kodi crashed. this happens after updated firmware to 03, no problems with 01 firmware. lots of stuttering also lip sync issues when playing h256 movies ect in 03 firmware