1. Official MINIX forum

[Bugtracker] Official 003 firmware

Discussion in 'X8, X8 Plus, X8-H Official Firmware 003' started by MINIX - Ken, Feb 9, 2015.

1. MINIX - Ken

MINIX - Ken MINIX Team Member Administrator

Dear all,

Please feel free to report any problems/bugs found related to our official 003 firmware here.

We may not reply but we will be reading them.

Please also try to edit your own post to add information rather than making many replies.

We shall work out fixes as soon as the new year holidays finished here.

Thanks.

P.S. X8-H Plus users please report at the X8-H Plus section:
    http://minixforum.com/threads/bugtracker-official-003-firmware.4112/

Regards,
    Team MINIX.
  2. Elendal

Elendal New Member

Hi all,

In Spain there is an streaming app called Yomvi which was not working in the Stock firmware 001, but in the firmware 002A 20141224 this was fixed and was working properly. However, after the update to fw 003 the app has stopped working. You can see a message saying: "'Recovering: Media server has died we are working hard to recover" There are many people in Spain using this box to watch Yomvi, please help to fix this issue.

On the meantime, please could anyone let me know how to go back to previous version? I use the app to watch football, movies, etc and it is quite important to me. Please help.

Many thanks
    Xuo likes this.
  3. Kermit

Kermit New Member

Interrupted audio problem while playing on 24p with passtrough still exist.
    danfozzy likes this.
  4. fox244243904

fox244243904 New Member

Self-adaptive framerate detection is not working in Netflix. I also have audio dropouts in passthrough mode. Anyway, thank you for the hard work! Without the dropouts this Box would completely replace my WDLXTV Live.
  5. hpsims

hpsims New Member

Had a few hiccups with the self-adaptive framerate switcher yesterday. Was watching a movie on xbmc (13.3.3 Minix Final). It switched to 24p as expected. However, when the movie ended it wasn't able to switch back to the original tv settings (60p). My samsung gave me an error stating that I'm using an unsupported resolution/display setting. I couldn't do anything but unplug the device from the power source and restart. This happens intermittently, not sure if its a problem with xbmc or firmware. (PS: I don't have the switch on in the xbmc settings; only on in the minix neo x8-h settings). Wondering if anyone else encountered this also. Appreciate the hard work you guys do.
  6. Mafarricos

Mafarricos Member

On 003 in my Philips, if I go to Settings and change HDMI output mode setting: 1080p-24hz I loose the image on the TV.
    On previous ROM I would have normal image.
    Is there more people with this kind of error? How to solve?
  7. Edwin

Edwin Member

I believe i have the same 'hickups' as Hpsims has
    My system neox8-h with fw 003 and minix xbmc 13.3.3final
    I have hdmi ouput set to 1080p 60h
    When i turn on the new self adaptive frame rate switching option under settings, then i notice these 'hickups' in the videos ( mainly 23.976fps mkv) every 5 mins or so, i left the xbmc settings unchanged except for the audio delay i have set to -250ms

Anyone else experience this?
    It does not happen when the self adap. Frame switching is turned off
    Also i noticed a delay in operating the xbmc interface ( moving back and forward from movies to series to music f.i.) when that setting is activated
    The delay dissapears when self adapt frame switching is disabled

A big thanks to the minix team for the hard workmand thanks for the many bugfixes!
  8. Boaz

Boaz Member

X8H get stuck after some hours on Standby or Sleep
    After some hours at Standby or Sleep when i turn it on from CEC-HDMI ,
    it get stuck , and only doing HARD RESET procedure refresh it again ?
    How to solve this problem ???
  9. Zebra

Zebra New Member

The live-stream in MTV Lebanon app. still not working. Keeps asking to enable "location service" even that the location service is enabled in Minix.
  10. nad

nad Member

The box still does'nt wake up from sleep (using IR remote). the same as ver 002.
    black screen only !!
    somtimes it is working ok, but most of time a black screen only!
    MINIX please find a fix for this issue !!
    Boaz likes this.
  11. Boaz

Boaz Member

yep ! same problem for me !
    @MINIX - Ken @MINIX - John
    X8H get stuck after some hours on Standby or Sleep
    After some hours at Standby or Sleep when i turn it on from CEC-HDMI ,
    it get stuck , and only doing HARD RESET procedure refresh it again ?
    How to solve this problem ???
  12. MINIX - Ken

Noted.
  13. MINIX - Ken

Personally I'm using it with CEC since the day we released the firmware and so far I haven't experience problem as such.
    I would recommend you doing a factory reset and see if it fixes the problem.
    Boaz likes this.
  14. MINIX - Ken

Since we have only 3 days left before the new year holidays,
    we are focusing on fixing 2 major issues now:
    1.) Random slow-motion playback (fps drops) - Fixed yesterday
    2.) 23.976 (24Hz) sound drops when using HDMI passthrough - Fixed, testing internally.
    Ray Bentos and danfozzy like this.
  15. MINIX - Ken

What's your TV brand and model? Try set the video mode to "pixel to pixel"/"just scan"/etc.. whatever it's named.
    Boaz likes this.
  16. Joseph Smith

Joseph Smith Member

Hi Ken, will we receive another OTA update for these 2 fixes? Regard Joseph
  17. MINIX - Ken

Yes, on top of 003.
  18. Undergången

Undergången Member

My problem is movies in mkv 480 / 520p and 25. And mkv 720 / 1080p and 23.976 /24htz. The audio goes out of sync and the video jerks every 10 to 15 sec. Not in the 4k player and MX player, only in XBMC and Kodi Helix. I have 2 USB hhd plugd in
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2015
  19. Undergången

Undergången Member

Not to be demanding, but we have the same problem in 25fps, with audio out of sync and jerky picture. Hope you can fix that too. Has about 400 old horror movies in mkv 25fps, and most of them works poorly in my minix 8X-H Plus. This also applies Television Shows in 25fps.
  20. Higgs

Higgs Yellow Dude Super Moderator

Please keep on topic - thread is for reporting bugs on fw003.
    Thread cleaned