1. MINIX team will be having Chinese Lunar New Year holidays from 23/01 to 05/02, replies will be limited during this period, please kindly note.

[Bugtracker] Official 004 firmware

Discussion in 'NEO X8-H PLUS 004 firmware via MINIX FOTA' started by MINIX - Ken, Apr 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DeGroo

DeGroo Member

which of the 4 cpu cores is at 80%? all of them?
  2. atomizasser

atomizasser New Member

Yes the new firmware is very unstable. I can confirm all the bugs that Kiryu has mentioned. So i don't think that is only your box.
    Also there are other users with the same problems (check this spanish forum http://foro.androidpc.es/showthread.php?tid=6265&page=6).
    I my case, i have configured autostart for kodi after 1 sec after boot. In FW 003 there is no problem with it, but in FW 004 after initial boot of kodi, after few sec it closed. Also, in FW 004 in kodi if you link to Shutdown apk or simply press ON/OFF button on remote, KODI crash. Is not normal, please check this new firmware because, after 2 months of supposed internal testing there some annoying bugs.
    sangaz, eggz2004 and Kiryu like this.
  3. Michiel

Michiel New Member

see my updated post on page 5.
  4. DeGroo

DeGroo Member

I saw it again and it didnt answer my question...
  5. Jeffers24

Jeffers24 Active Member

I think Kiryu's tests confirm my thoughts that the problem of being bumped back to the android home screen was introduced in version 004.

I also have a problem when streaming music to a Bluetooth speaker which I did not have with oo3. Set up music streaming to TV (so I can see what I am doing on the screen), once streaming music ok on TV switch on Bluetooth speaker, speaker states it has connected sucessfully and get bumped back to android home screen. Restart Kodi, restart streaming music and sound goes to Bluetooth speaker no problems. This happens 100% of the time.

I purchased the MiniX8H+ as one of, if not the best platform on which t0 run XBMC/Kodi. For me I would prefer Minix to concentrate on their core product/s and not spend any of their precious/valuable technical resource/s on producing special versions of XBMC/Kodi.

Kodi issues should be sorted out by Kodi, which they do a good job of doing.

I am very happy with my MinixX8H+, I would like to thank Ken for being very responsive and helpful via this Minix forum, and his team back at the ranch that we don't interface with.
  6. Michiel

Michiel New Member

Ow. CPU monitor app says all is ok, all 4 cores are only getting marginal load. CPU is cool. Even when running XBMC and playing 1080p-DTS no high values occur.
    But inside the XBMC-app itsself the cpu load shows 70..90% continuous load for both CPU0 and CPU1 in idle state (no media playing, see attached screenshot). And so far the problems only seem to occur within xbmc (pointer response is very slow/lagging, movies from NAS/HD play just about ok, but everything feels laggy. This was definitely not the case before the firmware upgrade, experience was super fast & smooth.
    And as soon as I skip to another chapter or perform some similar action, playback slows down dramatically & audio is completely out of sync. 5 to 10 seconds even. It takes minutes for the player to catch up. Maybe the HW accelaration inside XBMC-for-Minix is no longer functional somewhere low level after the firmware upgrade.
    I think I'll downgrade to 003 first to see what happens. To be continued.

Attached Files:

7. MINIX - Ken

MINIX - Ken MINIX Team Member Administrator

You should check if the amcodec is being disabled instead.
    It's working fine on our side.
    Reinstalling it if problem persists:
    http://minix.com.hk/downfile/xbmcminix-armeabi-v7a_13.3.3_final.apk
  8. DeGroo

DeGroo Member

Haven't tested cpu usage myself, but your numbers seem pretty normal to me, after all xbmc is a heavy app, with addons, pvr, skin functions, artwork loading etc.
    After all it's not about what the cpu usage value is, but how responsive your system really is. For me it's perfectly fine, no lag whatsoever (except from the lower framerate of the pointer while in 24hz playback which is normal). I use fw004 with minix xbmc 13.3.3 v2 with all playback/display syncing options disabled and hw acceleration enabled in the xbmc settings. No crashes either.
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2015
  9. DeGroo

DeGroo Member

Hi Ken. is the 13.3.3.final version newer than the 13.3.3 v2? if so, do you recommend I upgrade? I'm having no issues woth v2
  10. MINIX - Ken

You should factory reset your hub, or reflashing the firmware if it acts weird on your side.
    The firmware itself is OK.
  11. MINIX - Ken

final 2 is only for those believe they're having caching issue.
    final 2 affects mp3 streaming so I don't recommend it to anybody.
  12. DeGroo

DeGroo Member

wow. thanks.
  13. MINIX - Ken

I'm always using final(1) and don't have problem...
  14. DeGroo

DeGroo Member

Thanks for clarifying. When I upgraded to fw004 I went straight to xbmc final(2) because I thought it was newer/more optimized. I indeed had issues with some music addons (track stopped playing after a few seconds) but I thought it was a buggy addon thing. Now I'll test again with final(1).

I also had a weird bug: when seeking during playback of video files that contain aac audio I always get a "cache full" notification (no actual playback problems though, just the notification). It will be nice if final(1) fixes this too.

Thanks Ken!
  15. Michiel

Michiel New Member

Hi Ken, DeGroo,
    thanks for the quick replies :). Turns out MX player is also impacted, so definitely something with the Minix itsself is not right.
    This evening I'll check the amcodec setting and/or reinstall 13.3.3_final assuming that will also fix a possible amcodec issue. I'll let you know what happened.
    Cheers, Michiel

#edit:
    amcodec settings are ok, so that's not the cause. No time investigate further for now. I'll be back.

#edit2:
    Performing a Factory Reset solved the issues with video playback, both XBMC(-minix edition) and MX-player are ok now.
    But there is still some strange behavior with the box. Among other, the box does not seem to go to sleep after selecting it. External HD keeps being read, remote will not go to sleep. And after doing a real Power Down from the menu, the Minix settings revert to default after power up (e.g. Screen size and Digital audio settings).
    I'll try a firmware flash using the USB tool next. This was not my favorite firmware upgrade.
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2015
  16. blue24

blue24 Member

Hi Ken
    Did you see my answer to your question regarding the remote on post 98.
    Update: when I use my Apple Bluetooth keyboard navegation works very fast.
  17. MINIX - Ken

do you mean infra red remote?
    "40s" issue was solved few firmware ago... for now, enabling auto frame switching option does the trick.
  18. MINIX - Ken

Could you please try official Kodi 14.2 stable release and see if you get the same notification?

http://mirrors.kodi.tv/releases/android/arm/kodi-14.2-Helix-armeabi-v7a.apk
  19. DeGroo

DeGroo Member

20. blue24

blue24 Member

The infra red & NEO A2 remotes, There's a slight delay when i press the keys . There is no delay when I use my Mac Bluetooth keyboard.
    I will get back to you ragarding the 40sec delay with 24fps .
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.