1. Official MINIX forum -Forum was offline for maintainance during last weekend and is back online now.

[Bugtracker] Official 004A firmware

Discussion in 'NEO X8-H PLUS 004 firmware via MINIX FOTA' started by MINIX - Ken, Apr 23, 2015.

1. MINIX - Ken

MINIX - Ken MINIX Team Member Administrator

I believe you would have succeeded if you had waited a few minutes longer when you thought it's stuck. I don't have a zip for 004A version, I got 004's only.
  2. GadgetMan

GadgetMan New Member

I waited 30 minutes, I need to wait longer than that?
  3. MINIX - Ken

No if that's the case.
    I thought you unplugged immediately.
  4. GadgetMan

GadgetMan New Member

So what now? Can you just send me the zip file for the update, please? Or what else is there to try?
  5. MINIX - Ken

reflash 004 firmware with the full image.
  6. justy

justy New Member

Thank you for the suggestion, sadly it hasn't fixed the issue. I did a factory reset to build 20150421 today, the only app I have installed is Kodi 14.2 and I currently can't get through a 2 hour show without the Kodi screen going black and then crashing. This never happened on build 20141122 with more apps installed. It has crashed 3 times while I have been trying to watch a single show. I have cleared Kodi cache and Genesis cache and there was no difference in how long I could watch before it would crash again.

Since I'm not the only person to report Kodi crashes after updating to firmware 004A is there anyway to look into this issue a bit more? I loved my Minix box but I use Kodi everyday and I'm not sure what to do next.
  7. MINIX - Ken

Can you try the MINIX XBMC edition instead.
    We know Kodi has some known bugs, but I'm not sure if those bugs would lead to a crash.
    We're also planning on our own Kodi version to fix those critical known bugs.
    Please also try to play the same videos with the stock 4K player,
    so that we know if it's app related or not.
    Right now we have no evidence the crash is caused by the firmware.
    I can see you're not the only one but there are way more people without problems.
    I'll keep an eye on this thread if there will be more reports coming in.

Worst case? You flash back to the older firmware which you believe is stable.
    http://minixforum.com/threads/neo-x8-h-plus-stock-firmware.2456/
  8. Frederick_99

Frederick_99 Well-Known Member

i would suspect it maybe an issue with a particular kodi addon more than anything else....i have the 004a firmware and using spmc 14.2 and not experienced any random crashes
  9. justy

justy New Member

I installed the Minix version of XBMC 13.3.3 and only installed the Genesis addon in it. It still crashes after about 1.5-2 hrs, black screen and right back to the android home screen. I made sure to leave Genesis as is, no account logins or anything, no other plugins or addons in XBMC. I am baffled, I've not had this happen on any other android system before with many more apps and addons installed. Could you recommend a next step please?
  10. MINIX - Ken

I did reply you above.
  11. justy

justy New Member

You said, 'worst case' I could flash to a lower version. I was hoping for ideas on how to keep this version and have the functionality I had before and on 3 other android systems with their highest firmware. I guess those suggestions aren't possible here. Please let us know if this issue will be fixed in firmware 005. Thanks.
  12. Ironman

Ironman New Member

I'm also experiencing similar issues
    Video playback fps drops to below 15fps on several videos every couple of minutes.
    Drop occurs for a few seconds and is quite noticeable and annoying :(
    Video is played over WIFI, haven't noticed similar issues in stock firmware

Here is an example for one video I have experienced problems with:
    Title : The.Drop.2014.1080p.WEB-DL.DD5.1.H264-RARBG
    Format : AVC
    Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
    Format profile : High@L4.0
    Format settings, CABAC : Yes
    Format settings, ReFrames : 5 frames
    Codec ID : V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC
    Duration : 1h 46mn
    Bit rate : 3 799 Kbps
    Width : 1 916 pixels
    Height : 796 pixels
    Display aspect ratio : 2.40:1
    Frame rate mode : Constant
    Frame rate : 23.976 fps
    Color space : YUV
    Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
    Bit depth : 8 bits
    Scan type : Progressive
    Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.104
    Stream size : 2.84 GiB (89%)
  13. mundano

mundano Member

I would suggest to give a try Kodi 15.0 Beta 1, since Isenguard is described by its developers as being mostly a bug-fix, and a cleanup release of Helix. If that doesn't solve it, I would do a complete reset\wipe of the box flashing a new firmware using the PC Burning Tool, and would check the temperature of the box...
  14. MINIX - Ken

I don't know what to fix since I have no idea about the problem you reported, do you get me? Unless you could tell us a way that we could duplicate the issue.
    Being able to "copy that" (issue) is the first step.
  15. MINIX - Ken

we fixed this issue already, we have released the 005 beta firmware for X8H-PLUS and users have confirmed that is working. We shall apply the same to the coming official release via FOTA.
    Don't worry!
    read here:
    http://www.minixforum.com/index.php?threads/5659/
    Last edited: May 2, 2015
    Dr Goodvibes likes this.
  16. Ironman

Ironman New Member

I've also seen similar issues in a non WEB-DL file:
    Wish.I.Was.Here.2014.BRRip.XviD-SaM[ETRG]
    Format : Audio Video Interleave
    Bitrate : 779 kbps
    Codec ID : XViD
    Resolution : 640 X 272
    Aspect Ratio : 2.35:1
    Frame Rate : 23.976 fps
    Quality Frame : 0.187

Is this caused by similar reasons?
    I've tried to disable self adaptive refresh rate switching, is this a valid workaround for the issue?
    Cheers :coffee:
  17. MINIX - Ken

fixed too.
    Try 005 beta if you're interested.
  18. justy

justy New Member

Thanks so much for your help. I tried Kodi 15 as you suggested and I love it, but it still crashes on both my Minix boxes. Since they were both updated from original factory firmware I am wondering if the step-by-step upgrades while trying to save my data introduced too many changes and fragments on the system. I will flash 1 box with 004 and 1 with 003 with the USB Burning Tool and see if I can figure out where my issue is from there. Once again, thanks to everyone who offered suggestions.
  19. MINIX - Ken

We copied the issue today, thanks for your report at earlier time.
  20. MINIX - Ken

Hotspot bug is fixed.
    Found out it's the old wifi driver having the bug.
    We have updated it.
    guest and Dr Goodvibes like this.