1. Official MINIX forum

[Bugtracker] Official X8-H PLUS 005 FW

Discussion in 'NEO X8-H PLUS 005 firmware via MINIX FOTA' started by MINIX - Ken, May 8, 2015.

1. MINIX - Ken

MINIX - Ken MINIX Team Member Administrator

Dear all,

Please report your problems found here.

Only for those using official 005 firmware without root.

Thanks.

Regards,
    Team MINIX.
  2. CHILLY996

CHILLY996 New Member

Hi,

My provider for internet in FRANCE is ORANGE. So for watching TV I use the official android app TV d'ORANGE.
    With the firmware 004, I could watch TV normally. With the 005 version I have an error message P531. I can watch TV with the same app on my smartphone and my tablet, so it's not a WiFi problem or a WAN problem.
    It's like the Minix hasn't got the right to watch TV or something like this. It was the same with the 003 firmware ...
    Anyone else has the same problem ?
  3. MINIX - Ken

This is the first time we got this report.
    There are lots of possibilities, unless we could get a log it would be hard for us to find out why.
    Could you please try again by uninstalling the app and re-installing it? Thanks.
    I can't read French, could you please tell me what does it say here:
    https://www.google.com.hk/?gfe_rd=cr&ei=u49MVaTTKoLF0AThwIGABQ&gws_rd=ssl#q=TV d'ORANGE P531

code erreur P531
      "Une indisponibilité ou une surcharge temporaire empêche la visualisation du flux vidéo. Merci de bien vouloir réessayer plus tard.
      (code P531)"
    • Signification :
      Si vous rencontrez cette erreur fréquemment, cela est probablement dû à votre terminal mobile. Dans un premier temps, vous pouvez effectuer un redémarrage complet de votre terminal mobile. Si vous constatez toujours le problème et afin d'étudier votre situation, nous vous invitons à utiliser le bouton "signaler un problème" présent sur la page "aide et infos" de l'application TV.
  4. CHILLY996

CHILLY996 New Member

The first time I didn't make any report because I was in contact with Orange in their forum to find a solution. When the firmwarre 004 went out I made the upgrade and I have tested the app and everything was OK.
    And now each time I make an update, I check the app La TV d'ORANGE to see if it's Ok or not.
    It's not really important but it's to check if I'm alone or if every french user with Orange as provider has the same error code with this version.

;)
  5. MINIX - Ken

What does this mean? Sorry I can't read French:
    code erreur P531
      "Une indisponibilité ou une surcharge temporaire empêche la visualisation du flux vidéo. Merci de bien vouloir réessayer plus tard.
      (code P531)"
    • Signification :
      Si vous rencontrez cette erreur fréquemment, cela est probablement dû à votre terminal mobile. Dans un premier temps, vous pouvez effectuer un redémarrage complet de votre terminal mobile. Si vous constatez toujours le problème et afin d'étudier votre situation, nous vous invitons à utiliser le bouton "signaler un problème" présent sur la page "aide et infos" de l'application TV.

P531 error code

"A temporary unavailability or overload stops the viewing of the video stream. Please try again later.
    (P531 code) "

meaning:
    If you encounter this error frequently, it is probably due to your handheld. First, you can perform a full restart your handheld. If you still see the problem and to investigate your situation, please use the "report a problem" on the page "help and information" from the TV application.
  6. CHILLY996

CHILLY996 New Member

Yes it's the right translation. But I'm using also a tablet and a smartphone in my house and I can watch TV with them. So it's not a temporary unavailability neither an overload.
    I have also rebooted the minix but the same message ...
    It's not espacially important but it is also to see if I'm the only one to have this error message.
  7. TheSeba

TheSeba Member

Issue with CEC and wake up is not fixed!! As always I do clean install and test it without any addition programs. CEC and wake up WORKS in 003. I have Panasonic TV.
    I think now could be time to fix this issue?
    Alexei likes this.
  8. MINIX - Ken

but this time we passed the official cec test suite... it should be 100% compliant to the standard. could you please check your TV settings and possible firmware update?
  9. TheSeba

TheSeba Member

I belive you do, but My 3. Minix device don't work. With Firmware 003, works, but have other issue...
  10. MINIX - Ken

what cec issues are you having exactly?
    by definition CEC devices should not all wake up automatically, except the HDMI ARC device.
    SONY, Samsung, LG all have a menu to choose which device to wake and we have tested them all.
  11. MINIX - Ken

The closest model we could possibly get here is 48AS650C, Panasonic has exit the market here.
    No more new stuff.
  12. TheSeba

TheSeba Member

I write the same in every new firmware topic, my TV is Panasonic TX47aAS650. If I power on TV, my HDMI HiFi won't turn on. It works for example with Raspberry pi 1 and 2.

Simply CEC stop working most of the time when powering on TV, but it is not condition...

On firmware 003 CEC and HDMI wake up device works OK, but it have purple image flickering.
  13. MINIX - Ken

I read them.
    I wish to know if the problem remains the same or not.
    Thanks.
    Is your HiFi @ ARC input channel?
    P.S. waking another device up while powering up one connected device is a bug, only the selected device should wake up, exception is the ARC device, which is one per TV.
  14. TheSeba

TheSeba Member

CEC stop working randomly. Yes I have ARC device"Samsung Soundbar HW-H450" , it works with other multimedia devices... It was working also with Firmware 003.

I bought every Minix device from X7, but I really don't won't to be beta tester anymore. Because with every firmware I must reinstall all my software etc... I want to be user, not tester...

Also I noticed Minix remote M1 controller not working OK. Like it exchange position up is down...
  15. MINIX - Ken

What do you mean by "stopped working randomly"?
    Can you try another cable? It does affect CEC.
    Once I had a cable that CEC didn't work properly.

Your CEC stopped working randomly + purple image flickering really leading me to think about a bad cable.
    FOTA update doesn't wipe data and that's why we introduced this feature for those who wish to keep the data.

M1 orientation - you could recalibrate the sensors by the key combinations.
    The walkthrough video by @Rivers is a very good one:
  16. adi_tca

adi_tca Trusted Helper Trusted Helper

You are connected over WiFi and not ethernet, right?
    And you didn't rooted Minix, right?
  17. TheSeba

TheSeba Member

My remote control stop working, most of time when I power TV on. I must disable and enable CEC option in settings.
    I already replaced 3. time HDMI cables with another brand. And other devices works fine, if I plug it in to the same cables...
    I try first update by FOTA, when don't work I am hoping it will be and clean install once more.

I will try calibrate my remote, thanks :)

My conclusion is CEC is not working fine since firmware 003.
  18. davedm

davedm Member

Updated this evening and all seemed well but half way through a movie the sound went. I stopped it and checked all the cables and tried again. Still no sound. Powered off and turned back on and the sound came back. Happened twice now and it's a real pain in the ass. :(

The remote still won't put it into sleep or power off.
    I have to go to menu and power options to turn off.
  19. Higgs

Higgs Yellow Dude Super Moderator

Can you give some more information please?
    What app were you using to play the movie?
    What is your sound setup and sound settings?
    In regards to the remote/sleep issue, which remote are you using?
    Do you have a clear line of sight from remote to ir receiver on the box?
  20. cell

cell New Member

Hi All, is there anyway to have audio output on both Headphone jack and HDMI at the same time? With 003 firmware I had it but with 004 and 005 noway! you can use only one of them. thank you!